The Faerie Rings

Start bij het begin

As per the Seelie Queen's requests, Clary, Isabelle, Simon and Alec were to steal the faerie rings from the New York Institute and give them to the queen in exchange for some information which the queen seemed willing to give about Jace and Sebastian.

Desperate about her boyfriend and gutsy as ever, Clary had decided to take over the role of stealing the rings. She had sneaked into the library and was in fact very close to even touching the ornaments, when an abrupt gust of air blew, throwing the girl at a wall, away from the faerie trinkets.

Clary cussed in annoyance, and got up, only to be knocked out by the sudden dark wind again (this wind looked almost like fumes of various shades of dark grey).

Clary stayed where she was on the floor and wondered whether it was a demon - perhaps an invisible one, that went in the form of shadows and dust. If so, then definitely this demon was trying to stop her from taking the rings.

Clary wielded her seraph blade, and standing up, waved it around, cutting at thin air, but the odd wind demon seemed to have disappeared. Clary approached the rings again, almost touched them, but again the collection of fumes suddenly scooped her up in air and dumped her unceremoniously on the floor.

Clary almost yelped and swore out aloud, but then stopped herself when she realised that someone else had just entered the room - not through the main door, but through the Institute window: Sebastian. Followed by Jace.

Clary quickly hid behind some furniture, listening at their conversation and hoping desperately that they wouldn't see her. The boys seemed to be roaming around the library, looking for books. Sebastian suddenly exclaimed "Sister? What are you doing here?"

A chill went down Clary's spine. Who else was his sister, but Clary herself? She was mentally debating on courageously showing her face to the intruders or hiding there until Sebastian approached her himself, but then a voice was heard from above - another familiar dry voice. "Was getting a little nostalgic, Jonathan. Didn't expect you to be here at the same time."

Clary involuntarily whipped her head above to see who else but Leah Ravenscar, clung on the ceiling to her back like a lizard. She was wearing a very beautiful kind of a chiffon gown with its multi-layered skirts all over the place.

As Clary looked up at Leah on the ceiling, a chill went down her. One of the most wanted criminals of all time and two people dear to the New York Institute who had disappeared some time ago, had together rendezvoused in the Institute on this inauspicious day (though it looked like Leah wasn't aware that during her visit, Jace and Sebastian would also be there, and vice versa).

From where Leah was, she could very well see Clary, and the girl wondered since when had Leah been there and if she had seen her attempting in stealing the rings. Was Leah involved in Sebastian's evil plans? She didn't appear as friendly though to him as Jace had been.

"Oh, I could say the same about you. Not seen you since a long time, also." Sebastian answered heartily.

"You see, I do not like to visit Valentine's secret home. Inter-dimensional travel is usually not very like me." Leah replied.

Sebastian shrugged. "So, got any particular plans while you're in the Institute?"

"Actually, I came to visit Magnus Bane." Leah admitted.

"Interesting. Now does the gay warlock reside here?"

"He prefers 'freewheeling bisexual'; don't be so discriminative, Jonathan. It's rude. And besides, at least Magnus isn't an incesteous freak."

Sebastian smiled a crooked naughty laugh, and besides him Jace gawked at his companion. "Someone guessed it right."

"You will not, Jonathan. We had deals." Leah warned.

Sebastian only laughed, and said "Speaking of my sister - my real sister, do you know where I can find her?"

Clary froze in her place. Daringly, she turned to look at Leah in her achingly-gorgeous gown, and Leah met her eyes, her expression unreadable. "Clary? She lives with Lucian Graymark in his house." Leah replied, truthful but without revealing that Clary was also present in the same room right now.

Sebastian smirked. "Guess it is finally time to pay her visit. Are you excited to meet your girlfriend, Jace?"

"I missed her." He replied, smiling.

"Very well, then. Farewell, sister." Sebastian bowed to Leah very gracefully. "And pray get down the ceiling. It's creepy."

"Do you mean to say that you're jealous?" Leah had the hint of an amused smirk on her lips.

"In the name of Raziel, no."

He turned back to go out of the window the way he had come from, but Jace had more to be said to Leah - not being really satisfied with their meeting. "Leah, you didn't talk much to me. You've......changed." He said awkwardly, like a little child who's favourite, happy uncle had behaved very badly with him.

Clary wanted to scream at him that Leah had always been this way (to her, at least) and that Jace was the one who had changed. Perhaps Leah wanted to tell him the same too, but she pressed her lips together firmly and stared at him - as if trying to figure out what had happened to Jace.

"Goodbye, then." Jace said, seemingly disappointed, and then he and Sebastian gracefully jumped out of the window.

Clary stayed where she was and so did Leah. "Do not use the faerie rings." Leah hissed from above, and without further ado (to Clary's surprise) she turned into dark grey fumes of wind and shadows and finally materialised into nothing. Actually turned into thin air!

So, the 'wind' which Clary had assumed to be demons had been Leah Ravenscar instead. How the hell did the girl literally turn into dust and shadows, Clary wondered.

Pocketing the faerie rings against Leah's warning, Clary ran out of the room to tell her friends about the strange occurrence of today.