Closer

"What was your childhood like?" Anja asked suddenly

They were on the quad partially relaxing, partially studying. He sat against the base of a palm tree a philosophy book in hand. She was laying beside him, sipping some cool sugary drink. It had been a few weeks since the party but they haven't been able to hang out since. He had many classes and meetings to go to.

" Boring." He stated not looking away from his book.

"Is your family as wonderful as they seem on tv?" She asked

"Of course. Angels can only produce angels and look at me? I'm pretty sure I'm named after one as well." He said looking at her finally.

Anja scoffed "Devilish is more like it. Your poor angelic parents."

Rafael rolled his eyes. "So how did you like the party princess?" He asked giving her a knowing smirk.

Anja blushed an looked away "I had a wonderful time. I had several proposals by the end of the night, however there was this strange man who no longer let any of them get close to them." She said putting on an airy voice.

It was his turn to blush, he returned his gaze to his book. "Ah. Ahem. He sounds like a smart guy."

Anja chuckled "He was quite annoying, I hope he doesn't turn into a creepy stalker cockblocker." She sighed and leaned her head against his thigh.

"Never. I'm sure he was only trying to protect you from bastards like himself."

Anja grinned "I bet."

She closed her eyes and let out a small sigh "Why do you play with women like that? You know it's not nice but you do it anyways." She voiced her question quietly

Rafael looked away for a moment " I suppose it's because I'm really not as nice of a guy that my parents thought I was going to be."

Anja thought about that for a while "Have you ever been in love?" She asked

"No." his response was quick "Have you?" He darted his eyes toward her then away

"Heavens no." She said then quickly turned to look at him kneeling with her arms propping up the top half of her body. "But I would like to."

Rafael raised a brow "Oh"

Anja nodded "I want to fall madly deeply in love. I want to feel cherished. How marvelous would it be if I cold wake up every day next to the love of my life."

Rafael threw her a charming smile "Don't get so caught up princess, you could meet a guy like me just better whose a pro at hiding his endeavors. Or worse a man like that Prince Ryan, the guy doesn't even try."

Anja shook her head "No, I know better than to fall for your type. Remember I spotted your game from afar. My prince is out there, I just haven't met him yet"

Rafael smirked " Oh, princess you don't even know that you've been caught in my little web."

Anja pouted. " Well then this friendship is no fun if you're going to be deceitful."

Rafael chuckled " Don't worry, I may play a lot of games but I won't play any of them on you. We're friends."

Anja nodded and poked the tip of his nose with her finger "Boop" she said mimicking a machine

He gave her an incredulous look "Why?"

She smiled "Because we're friends and I got you to admit it. It's out there in the universe you can't take it back. You're my friend and you can never play me, it'll be bad for you karma score."

Rafael shook his head "You are so weird princess."

Anja stuck her tongue out " I am just very open to the universe Rafi."

"Rafi?" He raised a brow

"You're my friend so you get a nickname. Feel honored." She said with a shrug

"Oh your highness, this lowly one thanks you for bestowing such a grand honor upon me. I am forever in your debt." He said in the best movie peasant voice he could muster

Anja laughed "Indeed you are good sir. Now, fetch me some grapes." She commanded

Rafael rolled his eyes and grabbed a small bag of grapes from out of her bag. "Do these grapes suffice, my queen?" He asked as he opened the bag and fed her one.

Anja nodded " It shall do." she giggled

"How long must we keep this up milady?"

"Until your queen commands a halt in the current form of communication."

They both laughed wholeheartedly. This felt nice, It felt like they had gotten closer. Rafael was sure that he'd never hurt her. This one, she was special, he just had to get her to see that he was her prince. So he wasn't a Prince charming approaching on a galloping snow white horse, but couldn't he be Flynn Rider rolling up in a BMW i20x ? Flynn was a badass and his car was amazing. He maybe, possibly could change a little for her.