Regret | Cheating!Genos & Saitama

Deceit! (Cheating!Genos au) part 3

-----

Christmas, year after

He fixed his blond hair in the most elegant way possible, his heart beating furiously in his chest.

It was a party.

And he'll get to see you once again.

He looked at the time, the party was supposed to start at around 8pm.

He smiled at the 7:30 marker.

Today, like any other day, he's still hoping to win you back all over.

A year ago, in his last encounter with his former teacher and friend, Saitama, he had decided he would entrust your happiness to him.

At the time, he believed he was no longer capable of making you happy.

But things have changed since then.

He fixed his tie one last time before jogging out of his little condo to drive to the party.

Just you wait. He was ready to get you back.

-----

His feet nervously tapped under his table, Metal Bat chuckling at his unusual behavior.

He could not wait to see how you would look tonight. For some reason, he had all the hope in the world that the both of you can simply reconcile.

Well despite the fact that he commited that tragic mistake of breaking your heart.

A couple quiet cheers erupted from this grand venue as you marched in with an elegant red dress that hugged your figure. Everyone in the hall turned to gape at your beauty, and he was no exception.

You had slowly made your way towards Tatsumaki, someone you had suddenly become greatly fond of in the last year.

He got up from his seat to come and greet you, but something,

No, someone, stopped him from doing so.

Saitama had just walked in, heading straight for you. The familiar way his arms snaked around your waist made his chest ache. But he wasn't just about to lose hope.

He had casually approached you lot as if his intention was to talk to Tatsumaki herself. The emerald lady had noticed his presence from afar, and was well aware of his intentions and feelings.

"Lady Tatsumaki, Bang is calling for you."

She gave a small smile and a brief farewell to the couple along with Genos, who was evidently trying so hard not to simply stare at you.

Saitama chuckled, distracted by the director and Mumen, planting a soft kiss on your cheek and whispering a little farewell that drew a giggle out of you.

His heart began to race once again at hearing your voice and upon realizing your close proximity.

Clearing his throat to break the silence, he gave up on any self-restraint and turned to face you with his usual smile.

"So how are you (First name)-san?"

Your (E/C) eyes quickly locked on towards his figure at the strange and friendly behavior. How quick of him to get comfortable.

But, respectful that you are, you returned a polite smile and slight bow of your head. "I'm doing well Genos-kun. How have you been?"

His face grew slightly red at the excitement he felt about conversing with you. Finally. He felt something was bound to pay off.