Saitama (New Year Special)

Today finally marked the New Year, and you woke up to a great new day. Sitting up in bed and stretching, you felt a familiar warmth against you, and you looked to the side to find your boyfriend Saitama.

He slept peacefully like a child, not failing to impress you all over again. You couldn't help but lean over and plant a kiss on his forehead with a giggle.

Looking at the time, you thought that maybe now was the right time to start preparing as you two had promised to go shopping today.

Skipping out with joy, you jogged to the washroom to refresh yourself, with a smile plastered on your face. Today should be great.

-----

Later, as you got out of the shower, there stood a groggy Saitama in his boxers, waiting for his turn in the shower. You laughed at the simple yet attractive sight and playfully bumped your shoulder with his, confidently tiptoeing to your room.

The very sight of you fresh out of the shower with just a towel to conceal you sapped all of his drowsiness, and soon enough, he was all hyped up for today too. Boy was he going to spoil you two real good today.

-----

Hours later, you two strolled around the huge mall, arm in arm. So far you've got some stuff that you just randomly decided to get, and there was still a long day ahead.

Neither of you have decided to invite the other for a meal or a movie yet, so that only meant more shopping.

After a bit of just walking around and observing the stores, Saitama froze on his heels, staring into the distance. You tried to follow his line of sight but failed to pinpoint exactly which store he'd been interested in.

With slightly tinted cheeks, he gave you a light kiss on the forehead, excusing himself and jogging off.

You thought that was pretty good as he deserved to go and spoil himself too, so you decided to do the same as you walked into a large bookstore nearby.

-----

Less than an hour after that, you waited right outside the mall's washrooms with a large bag full of books that mainly consisted of manga with a content smile.

Saitama sent you a message a couple minutes ago saying he was just about finished and asked you to meet him here with a "surprise".

And after a bit of standing and pacing around, you heard a familiar voice and turned to see Saitama...

But not just any kind of Saitama.

But Saitama with a wig.

He scratched his cheek nervously, which were slightly tinted pink.

Your eyes widened in surprise as you were left completely speechless.

"N-New Year, New me..."

You walked towards him and cocked your head to the side with a loving gaze.

"Why the wig, exactly?" You asked, searching his face for a clue. This was the most unlikely thing that you could ever think of Saitama doing and you just had to find out why he decided to.

With a bit of thought, Saitama gently grasped your hand and closed his eyes in embarassment, speaking slowly in a quiet voice.

"I just thought that maybe I'd be a little more impressing as your boyfriend if I was like this, you know."

And, there it was, the response you dreaded with all your heart. With furrowed brows, you cupped his cheeks and kissed him full on the lips.

Leaning back after, you held both of his hands, wrapping them around your waist.

"Sai... you're already the coolest, best lover anyone could ever ask for. The New Year would rather have your usual, carefree and honest self rather than this. You're absolutely perfect just the way you are."

His face contorted in the funniest ways as he grew more and more embarassed. He held you tightly in his arms, trembling slightly while burying his face in the nape of your neck. He whispered "cute, too cute" over and over again, planting soft kisses along your skin.

He loved you, so much. And just like that, he fell in love with you all over again. You were his blessing. You were the biggest blessing he'd ever received.

And just like you claimed he was, you were just absolutely perfect just the way you were as well, and he knew he'd be spending the rest of the new years that could occur in this world, loving and cherishing you.