37. Let's Party

Pic of Thirteen's dress.

Cody's POV

"Testing, testing, one two three-"

"Devin shut up." We all chorus at once. Our voices echoing through the earpieces.

"What? I was just checking to make sure they were working." He grumbles.

"Oh is that what you were doing?" Jason starts. "Cause last time I checked you already checked them at the house, on the car ride over, before we walked through the door, and now you claim to be checking again."

"He's waiting for Thirteen to reply," Chase says, I can see him roll his eyes from where I stand on the other end of the ballroom.

"Devin, she said she wasn't going to be on comms," I mutter quietly as people pass by me. I shrug off my suit jacket and pass it to one of the waiters, rolling my sleeves up to my elbows. "Where even is she?" I question.

"Just because she and Zack left early to get here doesn't mean we're going to be seeing them right away." Chase states. "Where's Jason?"

"I'm walking in right now."

I turn towards the door to see him walking in with some random girl on his arm, as soon as he walks in he releases her arm and turns towards me, walking over.

"This is going to be fun." He mutters, leaning against the wall next to me.

"That's one word for it." Thirteen's voice sounds off.

"I thought you were staying off comms," I state.

"I'll be off comms later, like when Tony actually makes an appearance." She says. "You see him yet?"

I glance around discreetly, noticing Chase, Jason, and Devin doing the same.

"Nope, he's not here yet," Chase says.

"Let me know if you see him." She replies.

"Where exactly are you?" I question, looking around for her.

"I'm entering the room now."

I glance around quickly, looking for her and I feel my breath catch in my throat when I see her. I hear Jason choke on his water next to me.

She's walking through the crowd, arm linked with Zack's, wearing a light blue dress embellished with rhinestones and a large slit going down the middle. I feel my jaw drop open unconsciously.

Her hair is left down, cascading down her back and shoulders, a large rhinestone clip holding it out of her face. She's wearing just enough makeup to make her unrecognizable to anyone who doesn't know her, and the fake black-rimmed glasses sit on her nose.

"Close your mouths, you're going catch flies." She mutters sarcastically through the earpiece. I snap my mouth shut.

"When did you get fashion sense other than, black, black, and more black?" Devin questions.

"When did you get a black eye?" She snaps quietly.

"I don't have a-oh I get it, you're threatening me." He says thoughtfully.

"Tony just walked in," Chase announces and we all turn towards the door.

I hear Devin let out a cackle. "Let's party."

"I couldn't agree more." I can practically hear the smile in her voices as she speaks.

I watch as she and Zack walk right up to Tony. She extends her hand after Zack introduces her and shakes Tony's hand, avoiding eye contact with him. I listen to the conversation between the three of them through her earpiece.