15. We're at a warehouse duh

Thirteen's POV

"What the hell do you mean they're former agents?" He asks for the millionth time. Cody, your voice is becoming an annoyance.

I slam the hotel room door in his face and walk over to the closet, removing my backpack and duffle bag. I toss them on the couch and begin to pack my things. The door finally opens.

"Get packing it'll take them no time at all to track us here, and Ryan I already messaged Zero to send the nearest agent to come pick you up," I say, completely ignoring Cody's constant questions.

"What?" Ryan all but shouts.

"You honestly didn't think I'd let you stay with us did you?" I ask and my response is a huff of annoyance.

"You didn't answer the question." Chase grits out.

"Well, I thought former agents was pretty specific on what they are." I retort as I toss some clothes into the duffle bag and my laptop into my backpack. I continue grabbing my things and tossing them into the different bags. I zip up the backpack and leave the duffle bag open so they can throw their things into it. I proceed towards the door. My way is blocked by Cody as he puts his hand on the doorknob.

My eyes darken a whole hell of a lot, and I don't look up at him so he can't see my face. If there's one thing I hate more than anything it's being a caged animal. I hate feeling like I have no options and right now he's making me feel option less.

"Answer the question." He orders and I remain staring at the floor. He makes a strange sound in the back of his throat. "Look at me and answer the question."

Thing is, I don't want to look at him, cause right now I'm sure my eyes are so dark that he'll back away. I don't ever try to scare the people I work with but right now until he moves aside I'll have no control over how dark my eyes go, no doubt I look evil.

"Look at me, and answer the damn question," he repeats, his voice at a growl. No doubt he's glaring. I finally look up at him and when I do he takes a step back, which I give him kudos for since he was already practically backed into the wall. I turn my back to him and sit on the couch placing my head in my hands, my elbows propped up on my knees. I watch as he takes his hand off the door, I feel myself relax. I let out a resigned sigh.

"They're on the D.D.K.O.S. list," I say.

"What the hell does that mean?" Jason questions. "I'm starting to believe you're making things up."

"She's not" Chase speaks up, "D.D. stands for Dishonorable Discharge right?"

"Yeah."

"So what is K.O.S.?" Devin asks.

"Kill on sight," I reply. "These people aren't good people."

"So we've noticed." Cody retorts. I glare at him.

"You all remember four years ago when the original agency headquarters caught fire, but by then Zero already had a new building in construction that was practically done?"

"Yeah." Cody answers.

"The fire wasn't an accident...I started it."

"Why?" Chase asks, a look of disbelief plastered on his face.

"We were fighting a losing battle. I told all the agents still on our side to get out, and I burned the place and anyone left in it to the ground. Four years ago we had what Zero calls a 'Split'. The agency was split between the people who wanted to use their skills for good and the people who just wanted to kill and didn't care who it was.