Chapter 13 :Let's take a "Break"

Zendaya looked at the door, the door that made her so angry. The door that just slammed shut, the door that let Val leave. She understood she hurt him, it was very clear he wanted space now, and could she blame him?

All the hope that was in his eyes .. the smile .. how he talked. The way .. he looked at her was like he knew she would say yes. That even hurt worse. Now Zendaya would never hurt Val.. but the look in his eyes, it wasn't hurt that showed, it was a broken man.

In all honest truth, she wasen't ready . She needed time. So what .. they been together for 4 year's. Yes it's long .. but all the things that happened, all she wanted was to make up for lost time. Alot of things could change in three months and they did.

She would never tell Val this till she was ready, but she quit the "Dancing with the stars" so she could watch over him. She never left his hospital room, ever. And she tryed her best to be there for him whenever he needed her.

He felt guilt bubble up inside her. She fumbled for her phone and pulled it out, She quickly dialed Val's number and tryed to reach him. No answer 'Damnit" she thought maybe one more time. "Hello" A husky voice said.

"Val.. hunny where are you?" She asked quietly "Outside" He said not really giving his location. "Where at outside " she asked. "Look .. Z .. I think we should take a break." She could of sworn she almost dropped the phone.

"A Break?" She asked. "Yes, it's for the best. Bye Z" And with that he hung up. Now .. she was going to let the tears fall, and not give a shit.