Chapter 12 :The way we were

"No". I look up at her, my eyes get all foggy,"No" I repeat? "Val, I'm not ready to be your wife. I love you so so much but .. I'm not ready for this". I stare at her.. she looks scared.. Almost terrified of what I might say.

"Fine, I understand". I say walking into the house, after everything.. I thought she might want to be married. Move are relationship to the next step, but god know's how wrong I was. "Val, i'm sorry." She says again making my heart break even more.

"Don't be.. you said yourself your not ready" I say walking to my bedroom. "Val" she says walking towards me. "No Val nothing, you know how bad I wanted you? How bad I thought you were going to say yes.. But no .. you didn't it's pretty clear .. you don't want more.. so why should I give more?" I say looking her in the eyes. "that's no-" "no .. It is" i say cutting her off. 

"I love you Zendaya, So much it hurt's. I spent .. awhile in the hospital.. and I thought you were dead. Then you were there.. sleeping . .so peacefully. I thought man I have to make her my wife. What we have been together for 4 years.. and your not ready? You don't know how you feel about me!" I yell.

She looked hurt, "Val.. I do know what I feel about you." "Then you should know how hurt I am right now. I never thought you would say no.. thank's for proving me wrong". I say sharply. I walk past her into the living room.

I grab my phone and start telling  the wedding places, that the wedding is off. I tell my family .. that . she said no.. and then I want to forget. I should of never asked her to marry me. STUPID VAL! My brain yelled.

"Val" I hear Z Call out. "Yeah." I say trying to sound normal, "Please just listen.." she says. I Nod at her. " I said no because .. I don't want to rush this, I mean I love you Val so much . and god know's I cant live without you.. but I need time to adjust." "Adjust" I ask .. looking at her,

" Adjust ..knowing that your back home where you belong" she says. I take a breath in. "Don't, Don't humor me.. If you don't want to be my wife, or in this relationship just tell me" I say standing up. "Val .. that's not it." She says tears falling from her eyes.

"Well you let me know what it is when you figure it out" and with that I left the house only feeling the pain in my heart and mind.