Chapter 10

*RYLAND'S POV*

"Man, Detroit is fun." Ross sighed, staring at the city lights as we drove out.

Rocky snapped the blinds shut, slashing Ross in the face. "It's not fun. Detroit isn't a good place."

"Why not, you asshole?" Ross asked, pulling the blinds back open. He rubbed his nose where the blinds hit and peered back into the darkness.

Rocky fell to a seat across from me and hissed, "it's just a bunch of crime and grime. There was a fucking shoot out down the street."

"Hey, I didn't say we were in a fun part. I meant the people are fun..." Ross protested. "And it's not just crime and grime..."

Rocky shook his head, "You obviously don't read the news. Detroit has the biggest homicide and crime rate in North America. Next to Flint, Michigan, this is the most dangerous city in the world. And the people aren't fun, their just a bunch of druggies and-"

"And you're not?!" Ross snapped back. "Stop acting better than these people. We just sold out Detroit Rock City AND the Palace of Auburn Hills and your telling me that you hate Detroit?!"

"I never said I hated it-" Rocky began.

"Then why are you dissing it?" Ross cut him off.

Rocky stared at him for a moment, "I don't like sitting in a bus the entire time we're in Michigan because your little girlfriends friends and family want to kill us. It's only dangerous for us because we have money and people like her-"

Ross slammed his hand on the seat of the bus, "SHUT THE HELL UP." He was gritting his teeth. He was almost crying in anger. "I don't ever want to hear you insult her like that again."

I jumped at his anger, I've never seen him actually physically shake or strike something with anger. Rydel just stared at her brothers, phone in her hands. The phone wasn't on, but she held it as if she was texting someone important. Riker, on the other hand, tried to pretend like this was a normal conversation between them.

"Then I won't let you hear it." Rocky laughed. "I just hope she doesn't love you for your money and stardom."

"Rocky, stop..." I hissed. Ross was shaking, tears started to blur his eyes.

"Ryland, shush." He snapped his fingers at me. "Ross, you know it's true. You said she lives in a farm town about an hour from Detroit. You also said that her town isn't on many maps. Now, tell me, what does this mean? She's probably from a poor town and she got a one-in-a-million chance at making you fall for her. She probably has like 6 boyfriends back home and is only dating you for fame." Rocky drank from his small liquor bottle, seeming accomplished.

Halfway through Rocky's taunt, Ross broke. He aspirated a sob and the tears streamed down. he bared his teeth and bowed his head. Everything was silent for a moment, before he made a fist and crashed it against the table. He slammed it over and over and over again. He looked up to our brother, "You fucking bitch."

Rocky was about to return the insult, but Ross just slammed his hand once more, and ran down the small hall to our writing-recording studio in the back of the bus. He rammed the door closed, shaking the bus.

Riker sighed, "can you not be a fucking jerk for one day, Rocky?" He closed the fridge door, picked up his coconut water, and walked down the hall. We listened to him beg for Ross to open the door. When he was inside, we listened to Ross screaming all hell and Riker trying to calm him down.

"That's never happened before," Rydel commented quietly when the screams turned to sobs.

"It wouldn't have to happen, if Rocky wasn't-" I started, glaring at Rocky.