Chapter 9

"Whoop, mega hottie alert!" Eliza gushed, looking past my face, over my shoulder.

"I swear, if it's Mr Klutz..." I said to Eliza, in a hushed voice, before I looked over my shoulder.

Loan and behold... it was NOT Mr Klutz. It was, in fact, Mark.

Mark came waltzing down the hall, with people parting as though he was Moses or something. He winked, nodded, and smiled to students who passed. There was so many girls who were absolutely star struck, as Mark walked past. Sure, he is hot, but I was not going to be falling to his knees anytime soon. Mark held a carefree air about him. Ugh, classic 'popular' kid.

"There is seriously something wrong with you Sarah! You are not lusting over Mark." Eliza exclaimed quietly, as Mark was getting nearer to us.

"There is seriously something wrong with you Eliza! You are indeed lusting over Mark." I said mimicking her tone. We laughed.

Because we were giggling in our own little bubble, we did not again notice Mark... until he was right near us. Eliza went quiet, and paled, when she noticed him. Mark was standing practically right next to Eliza and me both. I looked to Eliza, with a 'WTF' look.

"Hey ladies. How's it going?" He asked, looking at Eliza, then me.

"Hi." Eliza gushed flirtily. Ugh, what flirt my dear friend Eliza is. "Nothing much is happening, Mark." Eliza smiled wide, her finger wrapped in her hair, as she twirled it.

"That's good. What about you, Sarah?" Mark asked.

"Hmm, what?" I looked to Mark, surprised a guy was actually talking to me, in his own time, and that he remembered my name.

He laughed. "I asked about what's happening." He said with a grin.

"Uh, well, Eliza and I were just putting our books back, before heading to the cafeteria." I said nervously.

"Okay, want to sit with me?" Mark asked, looking at us both.

"Well, I usually sit wherever Geoff is. And Sarah sits with me. So, if you sit with Geoff, I probably won't be." Eliza explained. "Seeing as, at the moment, we aren't exactly getting on well."

"Well, I am pretty sure that Geoff is going to be sitting with Steve, and Steve and I don't talk, so you're fine." Mark replied.

"Okay, we will sit with you." Eliza smiled, battering her eyelashes and twirling her hair... more.

"But, Eliza, I have to go to the library." I said, glaring at her. I did NOT want to sit with Mark and all the other super popular people. Who knows what kind of public humiliation they have planned for me.

"Oh, come on Sarah, what's the harm?" Eliza said, glaring at me back. "You go ahead Mark, we will be there soon." Eliza said, gesturing for him to go. As he walked off, Eliza staring at his ass, he looked over his shoulder, and gave Eliza a smile. Eliza turned to me. "What," she pronounced carefully, "was that, Sarah? We just got asked to eat at the super popular table, and you said you have to go to the library. You don't show someone like that how much of a nerd you are." Eliza said, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe the fact that Mark invited us both is my issue. See, had he said that you could bring your friend, i.e me, then it would be okay. But he actually asked me, using my name and all, so that makes me think that he and his friends have something planned. So I am not going, and that is final." I said, with a huff at the end.

"Oh, Sarah, don't worry. You can sit next to me, and if anyone, and I mean anyone, tries anything, I will kill them." Eliza said grinning. I closed my locker as Eliza held out a hand for me. "Come on, follow me."