Chapter 6

I walked down the corridor, headed to my locker. I could hear the whispers, as I walked past people. I heard my name mentioned quite a bit. Why were they whispering about me? I tried not to let it get to me.

I made it to my locker, eventually. Eliza was there, already waiting.

"Eliza, you're a gossip. Can you explain why people were whispering about me?"

"Oh, so you've noticed?" Eliza looked at me, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, I have. And what's with you mood? You seem on edge. Is it something to do with Geoff?" I reply.

Eliza seemed to be in one of her moods, which can't be good.

"These people, they are calling you a slut, a gold digger, a whore, and a hoe, and a whole lot more. Why? Because freaking Mark danced with you. I also interrogated Steve, and found out who the other guy was. Why didn't you tell me?" Eliza looked at me sadly.

Oh no. She knows Geoff was the other guy. "Why? Because I thought, at first it was just a joke, and I still do. I didn't need you being upset with me, or Geoff, over petty words, and comments. I'm not letting the words affect me. And I am not doing anything about Geoff." I tried explaining.

"Yeah, well, you should have told me right away. We are besities, it's what we do, no matter what it is." Eliza said, seemingly on the verge of tears.

I went and hugged her. She tried to push me away, but I didn't budge. "I am so sorry. When you asked who, I panicked, okay? I really am sorry. We will get past this. I will never keep something like this from you again, got it? Please forgive me, Eli, please?" I said to her, while I held her close.

"I'm sorry, it's just, I have felt as though Geoff has been doing stuff with other girls for a while now, and finding out he was saying some of that perverted stuff about you, made me think he was doing stuff with you." Eliza said, looking me in the eyes.

"I would never, NEVER do that to you, okay? Never." I mumbled to her, before releasing her. Eliza brushed away some tears. "Now, Eliza, I have to say this, and it really is important... Can you please move aside from my locker, I kind of need to get to it." I said, with a smirk. Eliza and I chuckled, as she moved aside. At least that's dealt with now.

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

"Babe, please listen. Babe... come on."

"Oh, Sarah dear, did you hear something, because I sure did NOT." Eliza looked at me with a smirk.

"Seriously babe? Please just respond to me."

Eliza and I shared a look. "No, I didn't hear anything." I paused, and pretended to sniff. "Can you smell that? It smells feral, like, I don't know, desperation."

Eliza 'sniffed', then responded. "Yup, clearly desperation, with a hint of... lameness, and a touch of..." Eliza turned to Geoff, "Suck on that, dipstick." Eliza said, flipping the bird.

"Eliza," I leaned into her ear and whispered, "We agreed not to respond to him. What was that for?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that..." Eliza burst out laughing. I tried to stop her, but it was too late.

Everyone in class was now looking at Eliza and me. Some knowingly, and others, sceptically. Even the teacher, Mr Klutz, noticed.

"Ms Delany, Ms Watson, anything you would like to share with the class?" Mr Klutz barked from the very front, so we up the back could hear.