Chapter 8

I was not okay. I had the same dream three nights in a row now. Just one more night, you can get through it. Sam is back tomorrow, you can ask him about Jane then.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I heard him, before he even got to the porch. The roar of his vintage Ferrari is unmistakable. I ran downstairs from my room, to open the door. I had to make sure he was quite, so as to not wake up mom.

I opened the door just as he got up the porch steps. Before he could say anything, I put a finger to my mouth, letting him know to be quiet. He looked confused, so I pointed upstairs, before tilting my head, and putting my hands under it, in the common pose when imitating sleeping. He understood it then. I did this, as usually, when Sam returns after being away, he tends to yell out, saying just that.

"Hello, Sarah." Sam greeted me as he put down the bags he had in his hand, before offering me a hug. I quickly hugged him back, as I mumbled a hello to him.

When Sam released me, he spoke. "So, what happened in this past fortnight, missy?" He asked as he pinched my cheek.

"Nothing much, Sam. I went to a party, as Eliza finally convinced me to go to one, and bribed mom to make me go." Sam chuckled at that.

"You know, one day, just maybe, you will finally refer to me as dad, or something like that. You know, to set an example to any future siblings..." Sam trailed off with a wink.

"Gross. I do not need to hear about the family planning Sam." I said, after rolling my eyes at him.

"Hey, I may be twelve years older than you, and younger than you mom, but I am still your father like figure, cheeky girl. But lucky for you, I leave most of the parenting to your mother, considering I have no clue in how to deal with teenagers, or children in general..." Sam said, going into deep thought. I laughed at him now.

"So, can I talk to you for a minute, before you go wake mom up?" I asked Sam.

"Hmm, maybe ask by calling me dad?" Sam, or rather, dad smirked at me.

"Fine, dad, can I please talk to you for a minute?" I said, it seeming weird to call someone dad in how many years? It feels so weird.

"We are talking already." He replied.

"Really, dad jokes already?" I asked, glaring at Sam.

"Maybe don't call me dad just yet. But I still get to crack my dad jokes." We both laughed. Eventually we stopped, so as to not wake up mom. "So... you... talk about?" Sam got out through pants.

I took a deep breath, before answering. "I need to see Jane again." I said straight out.

The smile on Sam's face began to fade. "It's back? But I thought that it wasn't going to return?" Sam said in a confused tone.

"Yeah, well so did I. I had it last night, the night before, and Thursday night." I explained.

"Oh, Sarah, why didn't you or your mom call me when it first happened? I could have gotten you an appointment with Jane already." Sam furrowed his eyebrows.

"I wanted to ask you in person, so I told mom not to mention it to you." I said, looking at the ground.

"Come here Sarah." I looked up to see Sam offering me another hug. I hugged him again, my head resting on his chest. I don't care that there isn't many years between us, I already thought Sam was a great stand in father. Any future siblings I may have with him and mom are going to be so lucky. "I will call Jane as soon as I have settled back in." Sam said to me.

"Thanks dad." I said looking up at him. He smiled kindly.

"Okay, now I need to talk to you Sarah." Sam said letting go of me, and stepping back.

Sam bent down and grabbed something out of one of the bags. What he pulled out was a small, blue velvet box.

"Is that..." I asked, "Is that from Tiffany's?" I was amazed, and my jaw dropped.

Sam nodded to me, with a happy grin on his face. He opened it up, to show me a beautiful ring. It had a silver band, with a gorgeous gem formation. It was multi layered diamonds, in a snowflake like formation. I could only imagine the cost. I was so flabbergasted with Sam's taste in jewellery for mom.

"Well do you like it? It's the Tiffany Flower. Do you think you mom will like it?" Sam said, excitedly.

"Oh, wow. I love it, and I am sure mom will too. Does this mean you are finally going to ask mom?" I looked to Sam hopefully.

He looked like a kid on Christmas day, with a ton of presents. His eyes were even gleaming with excitement and joy. "Yes, I have finally worked up the courage to ask her to marry me. I was walking past a bunch of stores, headed to a food place, when I walked past this in the window. I just knew it was time to propose." Sam said dreamily. His smile was taking up his whole face, he was just so happy.

"Well, it's about time, Sam. When do you plan to ask her?" I asked.

"Well, I decided to throw a party, to celebrate the new business partner, with which I had just sealed the deal with the company. I am planning to ask her during my speech, thanking people for their support. See, I decided that I was going to first, thank you, for being such a positive influence to me, then thanking your mom. What do you think?" he looked at me.

"Well, let's' just say, if mom doesn't say yes, I will." I said. Sam made a face of discouragement. "I mean for her, not me! Yeesh Sam." I said, before we burst into laughter.

"Yup, sorry Sarah. So I take that as positive feedback?" Sam asked, looking at me. I nodded. "Okay, so will you help me plan they party?" Sam asked, as he closed the box, and put it back in the bag he grabbed it from. He then picked up all the bags, and headed towards the lounge.

"Sure. Did you get me anything?" I asked cheekily. Sam and I both laughed again.

We heard movement from upstairs. "Whoops!? Just don't mention this to her yet, okay, daughter?"

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//

So, we finally met Sam. What do you guys all think of him? I love writing the interactions between these two, this one and the ones to come. See, from my perspective, while Sam is technically (and hopefully soon to be legally) her step father, Sarah see's and acts like he is her big brother. Anyone agree?

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, and that it's an okay apology...

Until next time (which hopefully wont be too long), Blabsie.