Chapter 42: Pressure

A/N: EXAMS ARE FINISHED BUT WE STILL HAVE CLASSES =^= WTH?! My school is messed up *sighhhh*
Anyways, Enjoy~
--------------------
•Your POV•

I saw him sit up in the corner of my eye and a bewildered expression was painted on his face.

'Stupid move. Stupid move. Stupid move!!'

.............

'Stupid awkward silence!!'

Suddenly, a burst of laughter echoed in my ear.

"W-wha-"

"Good one Mi Cha! Good one!" Taehyung kept on laughing and his arm was wrapped around his stomach.

"YAH!" I yelled and flicked his forehead.

"Ahaha- OW!" He exclaimed and rubbed his forehead.

"Stop laughing.." I muttered and pouted my lips.

"Fine, fine. Wasn't it a joke?" He tilted his head.

I scoffed before going silent and facing my lap.

"Well, joke or not, you don't have to worry about it." He exhaled loudly and patted my head.

"Worry about what?" I turned to look at him and saw him looking at a bunch of children playing hopscotch.

"About falling in love with me. To be honest, I do want you to fall in love with me but I can't help but feel guilty about the pressure that is being put on you." He explained and turned his head to me.

"Pressure..?" I cocked my head to one side, confused.

"Mi Cha, knowing you, you would feel bad if someone disappeared because of you. You would blame yourself even if it wasn't your fault. My life, my destiny is up to you. That's the pressure you're holding." He held a sad smile on his face.

'Now that I think about it, Taehyung's destiny IS up to me. If I fall in love with him, he gets to live again. If I don't, he'll die forever..Why haven't I thought about it that way?' Why have I thought that it was all a game? A test to see how fragile my heart is?'

My hands were trembling and I felt sweat beads on my forehead.

'Is this how doctors feel when their patient's life is on the line and it's up to them whether the patient lives or dies?'

"Mi Cha!" Taehyung called out and flicked my forehead, bringing me out from my trance.

"W-what?" I asked and placed my fingers on the spot he hit.

"You didn't let me finish! See? Now you're worrying about many many things!" He exclaimed and pinched my cheeks.

"Yah! Stop that!" I huffed and slapped his hands away.

"Anyway, as I was saying. You don't have to worry about that pressure because it's totally fine if you don't fall in love with me." He sighed.

"Why?" I uttered quickly.

"Because..I'm already living again. It's just that, I don't get to live forever. You get what I mean?" He asked and I simply shook my head.