Chapter 37 - Bella, Bella Go Away. Come Back Here Another Day.

I snapped my head over to Leah with slightly wide eyes. Jacobs…coming?

I didn’t know whether to be happy…or not, so instead of causing a scene I turned my chair to Leah.

 “What girl…?” I asked trying my best to sound casual. It couldn’t be…

“That Bella girl…” She said with a roll of her eyes before turning around and walking out through the door way.

One by one suddenly the guys walked out of the room after her until I was left alone sitting on the table. I looked around the empty room, tapping the tips of my nails on the rosewood table before pushing my chair back and walking out the kitchen to the front porch where everyone seemed to be gathering around Jacob and Bella.

Bare foot I walked out to the porch, the woody surface slightly prickling the palms of my feet. The fresh air hitting my face in a breeze, I sighed.

Turning my head to the side I spotted Bella jumping off from behind Jacob’s bike and pulling off a black helmet. Just the sudden fact that she had been behind Jacob’s bike with her arms around him, made me wrinkle my nose in slight jealousy as I crossed my arms over my green camisole. How old is that wrench, anyway?

“Look whose back!” Embry said with a grin as Paul and Jared nodded a chicken bone hanging out from their mouths.

“Hey Bella!” Quil greeted her jumping down from the steps. “Hey, long time no see…” Emily welcomed her as well as the others.

“Now, that you’re here maybe Jacob will finally stop with his inner monologue…” Jared spoke causing the other guys to laugh.

“Yeah. Wish Bella would call…” Paul said mimicking in what I assumed was supposed to be Jacob’s voice.

“Wish Bella wouldn’t call…”  Embry joined howling in laughter as well as the others.

“Maybe I should call Bella…”

“Maybe I should call Bella and hang up…”

I wrinkled my nose as they all busted into fits of heavy laughter. “Alright, alright we get it…” Jacob said frowning slightly. I just stayed stiff with my arms crossed as the rest of the guys spoke with a grin plastered on their faces.

I on the other hand held a sour face, I didn’t like Bella anymore did I like the dog shit on the bottom of my shoe but it seemed I wasn’t the only one who felt that way.

On the corner of my eye I could see Leah giving Bella the stank face as her lips moved rapidly spitting out her words in spite. “Yeah, if you’re here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave...”  And not a moment too soon Bella had her head bent as she stared at the dirt ground shamefully. Ya know what? I think I like Leah a little better now…

I watched as Leah turned around and ran out to the side of the house and into the trees, but just as I was narrowed my eyes to see where exactly she was going, a slight tug on my arm had me looking over to Embry. He gave me a sheepish smile in return.

I rolled my eyes and looked over to where Leah had been running off to. Of course I wasn’t surprised to not see her there, but surprised at how fast she was.

“Well, ain’t she fun…” Jacob stated sarcastically to Bella as he gave her a half smile. Every time he looked at her like that with a look of apology in his eyes, every time he smiled at her, a part of my heart seemed to crack. I frowned, refusing to let those complications get the best of me. Anyway, why was Bella here again?

Jacob looked up from Bella and over at Sam, his eyes seeming to purposely skip over me. “Well all good, Sam?” he asked.

I looked over at my uncle who nodded back at Jacob.

“We’re good you won’t be seeing her getting through our line anytime soon…” He stated with a proud smile. I raised an eyebrow questionably as I looked at him. What was he talking about?

I glanced over at Jacob once again. But he refused to meet my eye. Was…was he ignoring me!? I thought as the others turned around and walked back into the house. I pressed my lips together as my eyebrow’s creased forwards as well.

I glanced at the ground momentarily trying think up of a reason why this was happening in the first place before looking back up again. I was startled to find Jacob staring at me, when his eye meet mine neither of us seemed to back down and we just continued to stare. My heart suddenly began hammering loudly in my chest making me wonder slightly if the others could hear it. I cursed myself a little.

I quickly retreated from his gaze, and backed away. “Uhm… c’mon… Embry…” I said grabbing  Embry’s hand and leading him back inside the house after the few others. If Jacob was going to hang out with Bella then I was going to hang out with Embry…