Chapter 33 - A Kiss In Exchange For A Locket

My eyes widened as I stared at him, his eyes were closed tightly as I felt his other hand came behind my head, lingering around my neck before, continuing to the back of my head stopping me from breaking away. Not that…I wanted to.

It wasn’t a soft kind of kiss, it was rough and somewhat possessive, persuading me to kiss back. The way he gripped onto my hair and pushed me closer to him. Without even thinking I closed my eyes and kissed him back, my hands tightening around the collar of his shirt.  His lips were smooth against my own as I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. Moments later and neither of us separating we clung to each other desperately. The way he felt against my lips, the way he smelled, it just added to the sparks between our connection.

I melted into his possessive lips as I held on even tighter. It felt too right to be real, a thousand times better than Davis’ kiss, so much better. Nothing could compare. I gasped when I felt his teeth nibbling at my bottom lip, accidently giving him full access. That was when I—more like my subconscious—drew the line. I placed my hand on his chest and forcibly pushed him back, I could feel his muscles tightening and then relaxing before he pulled himself away. We were both breathing heavily when we seperated. My lungs felt like they were going to burst, and my mind remained fogged. For the longest time, I forgot how to speak.

 “You—You kissed me!” I gasped, confused.

 Jacob looked down at his hands, I could see him rolling his lips into his mouth, looking just as confused as me. I looked down at him then at his hands before seeing something red glisten in them. Immediately I furrowed my eyebrows as I realized how bare my neck felt at that moment. I place two and two in my mind and I felt crushed. He had only kissed me to get the necklace...

“My necklace...” I made to grab it. He instantly moved it over his head, making the chance of me getting it: zero.  I took a deep breath and drew it back out. I couldn't show him that I was disappointed, I couldn't show him I was hurt. I narrowed my eyes and stumbled forward.

"You only kissed me to get the necklace from me..?"

I watched as Jacob lifted his shoulders slightly and turned his head to the side, not willing to let his eyes make contact with mine.

"Yeah..."

I was so angry now.

I arched my fist back and punched him in the face. This all backed fired on me since the second my fist made contact on his jaw. Now, what I expected to happen was for him to get hurt... not me.

In zero seconds flat my hand stung painfully, and I felt like I had just punched the Great Wall of China. I staggered back and hissed.

 "Jesus..." I cried as I cradled my hand to my chest. I paid no attention as to where I was going or my surroundings as I turned around swiftly, trying to get away from Jacob as soon as possible. Somehow, I managed to trip over my own two feet and trip over my own motorcycle, my head hit the handles and I hit the ground painfully.

“Macy!” I heard Jacob called out as he ran over to me. His arm immediately looped around my waist pulling me up. My head throbbing painfully in tune with my now broken hand.

I placed my hands on his chest trying to push him away, but my arms suddenly become limb and the slowly slide down to my sides. Everything started spinning and my head began pounding ferociously. Had that small fall done this to me? Or was it something I drank?