Chapter 19 - A Discovery for the Cullens

My eyes flutter open for a moment, and were soon after met by a golden pair of eyes.

 I raised my eyebrows looking the persons face he was deathly pale and I could tell he was in desperate need of a tan, I guess I wasn't the only one. We should form a club. I watched as he moved his lips, almost as if he was saying something to me. I just looked up at him in a hazy gaze, as incoherent words came out, to me it sounded as if he was speaking some foriegn language.

I lifted my hand up and planted on his whole cold face. "You, my friend need a tan..." I blurted, and again everything went black.

*                   *                      *

3rd POV

Looking down at the girl, Emmett rose an eyebrow. She had said he needed a tan and once again faded out. The thought that puzzled him was her scent. She smelled terrible.

Like a dog.

 Then it hit him...was she one of them? One of the La Push wolves? If she was, why would she just be laying on the floor like a rag doll. Why was she here? If she had been one of them, then she had broken the treaty, she was in vampire territory now.

Should he leave her there? Even if she was from La Push, it's not like he'd be able to cross the border. Should he bring her with them? But that would lead the wolves to think they've capture one of theirs. This was a 50/50 scenario, he needed some help.

 "Carlisle! You might wanna come..." Emmett finally shouted.

And with his super speed, the blond made it in zero seconds, standing next to his adoptive son. "Wha-" before he could finish he stopped himself shortly after, soon finding the answer on the ground. He furrowed his eyebrows together, just before scrunching up his nose. But nonetheless bent down to feel the girls pulse. Sure enough it was there. Carlisle let out a breath.

"Who is she?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Emmett shrugged.

"I dunno, she rolled out and bumped into me...she smells like one of those La Push wolves... but her temperature isn't high at all, its just normal." Carlisle nodded taking in the bit of information. He noticed the way her leg seemed to bend a little off, he was sure she'd might've of broken it.

It even seemed to be forming bruises, she had scratches over her arms, legs, and a bit on her face. Carlisle picked up her arm, but her wrist seemed to swell, indicating she had a broken wrist on top of all of that.

"Well, if she were a werewolf she'd had healed by now, but that's not the case, she's probably been around them...that might explain the smell, and she'd be able to heal by now, she a possible twist in her ankle, bruises, scratches, which look minor, but that wrist looks pretty much fractured...that would have healed by now..." Carlisle said, sighing slightly.

There were more Cullens standing around the girl now.

Though the smell of blood was very present, not one dared to go for the human, because of two things. One, they had a strict rule against drinking human blood, and two she smelled very much of dog, which was such an unpleasant scent, Rosalie had to stand a couple feet away.

"We can't leave her here, with a those kinds of injuries...so I guess we'll bring her with us...for now." Carlisle told the others.

"She smell like one of those La Push mutts."  Rosalie stated as she stood between to Emmett and Esme.

"She's probably been with them for a while, seeing that she's human...and can't heal her own injuries..." Carlisle explained.

"Then why not bring her to the wolves..." In all honesty, Rosalie did not want that human at their home, seeing as there was already an unwanted one there in her view, this would just make things difficult.

"Bringing the girl to La push would be a one opinion, but we wouldn't be able to cross the border, and even if we did they might just jump to conclusions and think that we were the ones that brought her harm...not to mention how far she is now, she on our side of the border now..."