Chapter 63 - Jacob's Discovery

VOTE

 COMMENT

ENJOYY

Taking a deep breath, Nila stood defiantly towards Cade, "I'll...I'll tell her!" Her words were a mistake. But it had been too late for her to take them back. Not a split second had passed before Cade lunged at her and gripped her neck with so much force it nearly broke off.

"You will do no such thing!" Cade hissed and his frost-biting cold hand tightened. "Listen here, Nila. Understand that you are nothing to me but a blood bank. Don't think just because I haven't snapped your neck you're any special from the people in the dungeon. But if you ever think yourself higher like this again...I promise you a slow and painful death." Cade's crimson eyes held promise and for the first time in her life, Nila was terrified by Cade. "Do you understand?"

'Yes, I understand' was what Nila wanted to say but the oxygen had been cut from her lungs and she only managed a tiny nod.

"Good now, get out!" With a thrust of his wrist he throw her towards the door. The force was overwhelming and Nila tumbled over.

*

*

After a pause, Nila lifted her head and she, for the first time, looked directly into Sam's eyes. She straightened her postures and it was then did Sam, along with others, notice the violet bruises that decorated her neck. Her lips parted and the word lift her lips in a determined drawl, “Revenge."

The single word had been, strangely enough, good for Sam.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks, almost a month, had passed since Jacob last moved. He was beginning to feel restless and anticipated. His body didn't hurt as much as before and his ribs were practically healed. But regardless of how physically ok he was, mentally he was in turmoil. His mind taunted him of one person, and one person alone.

"Dad, how come she hasn't visited me, yet?" It had seemed peculiar to Jacob. Everyone had visited him during his recovery time; Bella, Sam, Embry, Casey, and just about the whole pack had paid a visit, heck, even all the Cullen's came by! Macy Uley had been the only no show. It taunted him to no end. Jacob knew even if Macy was forbidden to come by Sam, she would've found a way to sneak past him. She always did. Maybe she didn't want to come see him?

Billy Black didn’t so much as glance toward his son on the bed. That was the one question he had been dreading to here. Sure, he had been asking where Macy was ever since he was put there but that was during his time crippled on that bed. Billy had simply said Macy was not allowed out and that excuse had worked. Now, with Jacob nearly fully healed he wasn't sure if he could keep up with that charade. But he had to.

"Like I said before Sam isn't allowing her to--"