Chapter 60 pt. 2 - Abduction

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY!

P.S. - sorry for any grammarical/spelling errors.  and listen to the song to the side, it may or ma not match the chapter but i just love florence >> 

------------

For what seemed like the 100th time today, Bella rounded over a tree and rubbed her bloody fingers on the pine leaves. By doing so, she left her scent behind, having it linger all over place. The plant was painful under her now raw finger as she looked ahead.

Behind her, Edward appeared, chuckling slightly, “You’re going overboard,” he informed her.

Slowly, she turned around to face the vampire, “If this is all I can contribute to, I wanna be thorough,” she replied, determined. She wanted to help in everyway, if it was up to her, she would’ve been up battling beside the Cullens, but that wasn’t possible and her boyfriend would never allow it. So, there she was marking her scent around the clear field and through trees until her finger bled. But still, even with her fingers stinging raw and painful from rubbing them on various tree bark and leaves, it wasn’t enough for her.

“The newborns’ll be frantic,” Edward mused on as he grabbed a hold of her hand and noticed the blotchy blood poking out from her skin. He stared at it, wishing she hadn’t done so much. Oh, how he wished to be in her head.

“It’s ok,” Bella said, noticing the look on Edward’s face when he noticed the blood, “don’t make yourself uncomfortable…” She didn’t want him to have to hold himself back at the sight of her blood. She then proceeded to try to remove her hand from his cold grasp.

But Edward was having none of that. He held her tighter and wrapped his fingers around her wrist to bring her closer. “Doesn’t bother me anymore,” he said shortly as he shook his head.

Bella raised her eyebrows and wondered, “Since when?” 

The vampire shrugged lightly and answered honestly, “Since I spent 24 hours thinking you were dead.” He passed his cold finger through hers and frowned slightly when he realised something was missing, “You’re…not wearing your ring?”

That was when Bella finally withdrew her hand and brought them to her side. “I didn’t wanna risk losing it.”

Edward narrowed his eyes as he became slightly suspicious, “…or risk Jacob seeing it?”

Her silence before she spoke admitted the truth, “Oh please,” she began, “Don’t be like that Edward…” she frowned, “We should wait before telling for all of this to blow over before telling everyone…”

“Listen, if you’re having second thoughts—”