Soon after that we were able to increase the old SM artists desire to have solo works. Through Red Velvet and NCT we were able to communicate with them. We were able to give Taeyeon, Amber, Tiffany, and Jonghyun their own album, but just as I expected they weren't given enough satisfaction with SM still controlling their every move.

Eventually one by one, we were able to take all the artists from SM hiding them for a bit until we were ready to attack.

"Since all the artists are now on our side we could easily take down SM."

Everyone listened attentively, our huddle gradually getting closer, "So now while we have the advantage we're going to march down to the SM building and make a stand. I already invited the media to get the whole thing caught on camera."

The boys seemed to have a positive reaction to it agreeing with every aspect of the plan. I looked around to see Chanyeol staring at me. He was caught of guard for a moment when our eyes connected, but he heaved out a sigh and walked up to exit the room.

I was about to follow him, when someone walked up beside me.

I looked to the side and saw Baekhyun. He had his hands in his pockets with the same worry he always held when he looked at Chanyeol, "One day together and you guys already have a lover's quarrel."

I rubbed my arms uncomfortable that he considered us lovers. Were we? He's never really loved me back. I was just his little sister he fondly cared for.

"It's not really a quarrel, it's more of a misunderstanding." I whispered.

Baekhyun sighed dropping his shoulders, "Yeollie's a bit sensitive right now. You have no idea how much he suffered the past three years. He was at his lowest deep in depression. He wouldn't even talk to me, and the most he really said was, 'Baekhyun-ah I'm hurting.' And when I tried to tell him it wasn't the end he'd get back up, but would end up composing a really depressing song. Then he'd crash all over again. He even sold all his songs off since he wanted to move on."

Baekhyun stood silent, as tears started to sting my eyes. I held my breath trying to keep my breathing steady, "I know, I was the one who bought all those songs."

Baekhyun looked down at me for a moment, "Well who knew? I guess he hasn't fully wasted his tears for nothing. Hel--"

"But I don't get it." I spat out, with a heated feeling churn in the pits of my stomach. Baekhyun rendered speechless, "I don't get why he had to suffer so much to be able to write those painful songs. Why was he so sad? Why?"

I bit my tounge holding back the urge to tell Baekhyun all about our past. It balled up in my throat, and though Chanyeol had probably told him everything I still didn't want to even think about it. My father, his father, Minah.

Minah... Did he still harbor feelings for her? After all these years it's still her...

Baekhyun had his mouth open when he stared at me dumbfounded. He coughed a little before pursing his lips in nervousness. It looked like he wanted to say something, but it came out in a huff his eyes blinking rapidly. I waited for a second to give him a chance to respond, but did nothing but stand cluelessly at my question.

"Well, I guess you don't know the reason either."

The Stand

"Okay now all we have to do is wait for the media to come."

The lobby of the SM building was generally large so it wasn't too hard to for every artist to somehow squeeze in the crowd we made. Today was the first day of our protest. The first step into SM'S defeat.

I've gathered all the artists together and contacted every news company who wanted to cover this story. Now it was the waiting game, who was brave enough to go against the mighty Kim Young Min?

I stood in front of the large glass doors searching for one soul to pass by, but nothing. It's been a good half hour. I was starting to feel the anxiety surge through me.

What if no one really was willing to go up against SM?

Our whole plan would go down drain, at least one, we needed at least one person who cared.

I paced back and forth, my hands getting clammy by the minute. I would disappoint everyone who looked at me as their only hope to defeating SM, including the boys if none of the media shows up. The three years I spent devising this plan would've been just a joke.

With that one thought I felt like breaking down into tears, but just as the tears began to pool up in my eyes someone came up to me to snap me back to my senses.

He held me by the shoulders snatching me away of from my pacing, "Minhye calm down."

I looked up to see Kris and instantly my shoulders dropped, "Kris..."

"Yes it's me. Why the long face? Disappointed it wasn't the other giant? Hold up lemme just--"

"NO!" I yelled out louder than I thought, everyone's attention was brought to me as I smiled sheepishly telling them to move along with their day. I punched Kris's arm before dragging him somewhere we couldn't be heard. I bit my lip and held onto the sleeves of his jacket, "The media isn't coming Kris. What am I going to do? Call it a day and give up? Actually that sounds easier. Maybe I should do that. That isn't my only problem. My stomach hurts. I feel like throwing up. I can't but I wanna run away. What am---"

"Minhye calm down." Kris shook me by the shoulders.

I bit my lip harder, "Chanyeol still likes Minah..."

Kris's gaze softened, "So it was about that giant all along."

I nodded my head, and as much as I didn't want to admit it, that was the heaviest thing that was burdening me right now. I was so selfish.

Kris simply stood beside me knowing someone's presence was the only thing I needed to calm down.

The lazy drone of the crowd slowly dissipated, and my mind rendered the white tiles on the floor as the most interesting thing in the world.

Kris was watching me, I felt his gaze, but I was too focused on calming my nerves.

I mean at least the worst hasn't happened yet.

The room grew completely silent replaced by the sound of branded leather shoes against the gloss of the floor.

I hadn't paid much value to the icy noise, until Kris began nudging my sides. At first I took as one of his little jokes, so I recuperated by punching him, but as the sound got louder so did the man's image.

With the most cynical smile I've ever seen, the man walked up less than foot a from me, and when I looked up I physically felt my jaw drop.

It was the president of the whole SM Entertainment, Kim Young Min.

If you want to support the story visit my ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/trulyasolomon