Chapter 12

Charlee's POV

"Charlee,"

"Charlee,"

"Charlee, put the gun down," I heard Blaire but at the same time her voice felt distant. It was like she was a voice in my head. If I just kept going about my business I could ignore her. I sighed and put the gun down. I took off my protective glasses and earmuffs.

"Why are you at the shooting range?" Blaire asked me with her arms crossed.

"I'm an agent, I need to practice my shooting skills," I shrugged my shoulders.

"You've been here for nearly two days. Your aim was already nearly perfect. You need to stop," she told me but I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine," I assured her

"Don't start on me with that bullshit," she shook her head. I'm surprised they sent her, I thought they'd send Tiffany in on me or something.

"I'm serious, honestly this isn't your business," I sighed.

"You did not just pull that card, the hell Charlee. We've been a team for more than five years and your parents die? Of course it's my business, the hell?" Blaire was fuming now.

"And how much about your parents do I know, huh?" I questioned her.

"That's totally different,"

"How? We're a team. And apparently that means we know everything about everyone and we meddle in each other's businesses," I told her sarcastically.

"Listen, I'll tell you about my parents whenever you want, just ask me but don't start using it against me. I get that you're hurt. I get that this mission is more personal to you than all of us but you can't just shut us out," she pleaded.

"I know. I know. It's just not fair, they took my parents from me. Now people I work with too? What if one of you guys is next? I don't want any of you involved if it means a possibility of dying," I told her, my throat feeling dry.

"Thats part of the job description, whether we're on this case or not," Blaire shrugged her shoulders. I nodded my head and knew it was time for my petty tantrum to be over. I wasted two days grieving all over again, that was a mistake.

"Is everyone at Headquarters?" I asked uncrossing my arms and walking out of the shooting range.

"No but they will be as soon as I make a quick phone call," Blaire smiled confidently at me.

"No actually, no they will not," a figure stopped us in our tracks as we were heading out of the indoor shooting range

"Aunt Ally, you're here. Have there been any developments in the case-" I began saying as I recognized my aunt standing before me, beautiful as ever in her formal attire.

"No, Charlee, listen to me and listen carefully. The CIA is here, they're investigating your parents case," she began explaining but my eyes widened in shock.