Chapter 37|I'm not a hugger

Start from the beginning

"What was that for?" I asked, still a little breathless.

"You said the odds were in my favour. I just wanted to test your theory," he grinned in response.

I laughed, shaking my head. Ryan glanced briefly behind me.

"Why do I get the feeling that your relatives are watching us out the window?"

"Because you're right, and they're incredibly nosy."

The door opened with a squeak, revealing a puffy eyed, but smiling Evan. "Kiddies, nice of you to join us."

Ryan frowned at him. "Why are you so happy?"

"I'm happy to see you," he paused. "And mom owes me twenty bucks."

"You made a bet on us?" Ryan asked blankly.

"Come on baby brother, what else is there to do around here? Now come on, there are a bunch of people with false teeth who want to talk to you."

"Oh yay," Ryan mumbled sarcastically.

I stepped away from him, taking his hand instead. "It won't be that bad."

~*~*~*~

"I take it back, that was terrible," I complained, while covering my reddened cheeks from the excessive cheek pinching. I don't know why old people feel the need to do that. It actually hurts.

"Tell me about it," Ryan pouted, furiously scrubbing at the red lipstick on his cheeks, it wasn't doing much good though. All he was succeeding in doing was smudging it. He let out a cry of defeat. "Is this waterproof or something?"

I rolled my eyes, taking the wash cloth from him. "Let me do it."

He sat on the couch dejectedly while I dabbed at his face, trying to remove the red stains. "You're a mess," I laughed.

"Thanks."

"How do you not have a phobia of lipstick?" I asked.

"I think I do."

"Same," I pondered.

"Why? Do old ladies attack you too?"

"No, Tara traumatised me with it when I was younger." He looked at me with raised eyebrows as if asking for me to continue. I sighed. "She thought my hair would look good if it was dip dyed red. She had no dye, you can probably guess the rest."

He burst out laughing, throwing back his head.

"It's not funny, I had to cut off three inches of my hair!" I exclaimed.

That only made him laugh more, so I smacked his arm lightly, sitting next to him on the couch. I couldn't help but start laughing too. I guess it's true, laughter is contagious.

But then so is herpes. Not everything that is contagious is good. Oh God, shut up brain.

"You're so mean to me," I complained, but I was laughing at the same time.

"Sorry, sorry, I couldn't help it." He kissed my forehead and then made a face.

"What?" I asked.

He started laughing again. "You smell like old people perfume."

It took Ryan a long time to recover from his laughing fit, but I didn't mind, I didn't mind the fact that he was laughing at me either. It could have been a lot worse, at least he was laughing, not crying. Mrs Martinez walked through the living room as Ryan was laughing his ass off, she just smiled mouthing thank you. I guess she was just thanking me for keeping him occupied, and keeping his mind off other things.

Once Ryan had gotten over the fact that I smelled like 'old people perfume', he discovered that he too had been infected with the smell. He found this particularly funny, I wasn't entirely sure why.

I know now that when Ryan is overtired he gets giggly, which was why he was finding everything hilarious. At least he wasn't grumpy when we was tired.

He went from extremely giggly, to having his eyelids drooping. I was fully aware that he was supposed to take sleeping pills before he fell asleep, but he seemed perfectly content without them, so I left him be.

He was out cold within minutes, I'm not sure how exactly because the way he was sitting didn't seem very comfortable to me. It's not like I could move him though, you would probably need a forklift to move the guy.

I saw him move his head in his sleep. The simple action, created a domino effect, causing his shoulders to shift, eventually sliding down the couch. I prepared myself for him to land on me, but his head kind of got caught on my shoulder, and then just fell on my lap. the rest of him slumping onto the couch. He frowned in his sleep, moving to get comfortable.

I ran my fingers through his hair. It was soft, like he must've used a buttload of conditioner.

I heard footsteps, and looked up, continuing to comb my fingers through Ryan's hair. Evan emerged, and he was about to say something, but I put a finger to my lips. Not that Ryan is easily woken up, because he isn't. He is one hell of a deep sleeper.

Evan just shook his head. "Your cuteness makes me want to vomit."

~*~*~*~

Hey you guys, guess what? We're almost at a million reads. Woah. I think we can do it before the next update. I might cry when Covered In Ink reaches a million.

Anyways...

Comment, vote, follow, and let's get this book to a million reads!

Until next time.