Chapter 37|I'm not a hugger

Start from the beginning

I grinned. "I thought it was mini golf, and don't say I didn't warn you because I will beat you."

"You're on sunshine."

~*~*~*~

"You cheated," I said bluntly, crossing my arms over my chest. He was so obviously cheating, I hadn't figured out how exactly, but there was no doubt in my mind that he was cheating. There is no way you can get a hole in one, four times in a row. It's just not humanly possible.

"Aww, come on, its just a game sunshine," he said, staring out at the road as he drove. He had been grinning his ass off since we left the place.

"Just a game," I muttered under my breath. "You know I'm going to demand a rematch right?"

"I figured you would," he chuckled.

Cars lined the street as we got closer to Ryan's house. He visibly shrunk back into his seat as he parked in his spot in the driveway. He cut the engine, leaning back in his seat and staring out the window. I could tell that he was putting off going in there. I mean, he had a pretty good reason.

I unbuckled my seatbelt, reaching over and placing a hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little, jolting out of his trance.

"You scared me sunshine," he said, swallowing as he looked through the living room window of his house. I could see people dressed in black milling around inside the house.

"You know they won't bite when you go in there, right?"

"It's not that," he groaned.

"What is it then?"

"My family is full of huggers. They always get up in my personal space," he shivered. "And most of them are old women who wear old women perfume and always try to kiss me with their old people lips."

I chuckled at his description. "So you're telling me that you're not a hugger. You hug me all the time."

"Yeah, but that's different." He said. "You're just the right height, and your hair smells good. Think about it, have you ever seen me hug someone else?"

"Well, no but..."

"I'm not a hugger."

"You're weird," I said finally.

"So are you."

I grinned. "Thanks."

He sighed, running a hand down his face. "Do I have to go in there?"

"Well you can't stay in here for the rest of your life."

"Is that up for debate?"

"No."

"But why?" He whined.

"Because they're your family. Think about Evan, Archie and your mom, they need you, and you need them."

He looked at me. "You're right, but I need you too. You have to come in with me."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but I swear if someone tries to pinch my cheeks I will run."

He grinned. "Deal."

I didn't bother putting my shoes back on. If I was meeting the family I might as well meet them as me. Heels were definitely not me.

Ryan linked our fingers as we walked up the path to his front door. He was nervous. I could tell because his palm was sweating. He reached out to clasp the door handle, but hesitated, retracting his hand.

"Any last words?"

"May the odds be ever in your favour," I replied.

The corners of his mouth twitched upwards and in one swift movement he pulled my hand which was already linked with his, I ended up with my chest flush with his. I looked up at him in confusion, but he just smiled, tucking a loose lock of my dark hair behind my ear. He tilted his head slightly to the right, his eyes subconsciously zeroing in on their intended target. He had to lean down in order for our faces to be at the same level due to our height difference, so instead I stood on my tiptoes, meeting him in the middle. My eyes closed as our lips met, and my arms wound their way around his neck, and I felt a pair of large hands clamp onto my waist, pulling me closer to him if that was even possible. The kiss itself wasn't slow, but it wasn't urgent either. Ryan definitely knew what he was doing, not that I had much to compare with. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end, and a tingle travelled the length of my spine as our lips moved on their own accord. I felt Ryan's hands travel a little lower, but he didn't get too handsy, he wasn't that kind of guy anyway. Eventually we both had to pull apart to breathe, because y'know if you don't do that, you die. I opened my eyes, not having removed my arms from around his neck.