In the Forest

Chapter 21

*Solstice*

"Do we have a deal, Solstice?" Cale's taunting voice held impatience as he asked the question again.

I didn't know how to react to his offer. He knew how to remove the cuff. He would tell me how, but at a price. He wanted to live again. How was that even possible?

"I-I don't know. How do I know this isn't a trick of some kind? Peter told me the only way to take off this cuff was if he removed it himself. Besides, I don't think the world needs you anymore. You're dead, and I'd like to keep it that way." I turned my back to him and began to walk until he called out to me once more;

"Have it your own way Solstice. Soon enough you'll see that this is the best option. Pan won't tell you the full truth. There will always be a white lie in his words. And as for Baelfire, you will always be questioning his words he calls truth. I can be patient. I'll wait." His voice echoed throughout the forest as he suddenly disappeared into the darkness of the night.

My heart raced at his speech. I needed to clear my head. I needed to find Baelfire.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

I trudged through the greenery as I thought of Cale's offer. He was crazy. Absolutely crazy. How could I raise him from the dead? I didn't even want to do that. It's bad enough he's in my head.

My feet carried me to an unknown place in the night. I didn't know where I was going, but my feet somehow did.

Suddenly, I saw flicks of torchlight up ahead. My pace quickened; perhaps I'd find Baelfire. My footfalls became louder with each step. Faster and faster I went, hoping I would run into Baelfire.

But once I turned around a tree, a sudden shout caught me off guard. My feet slipped out from under me and I went crashing down—face-planting into the dirt.

"Ten Hells!!" I cursed as I slowly sat up and brushed away the leaves and twigs from my clothes.

"Who are you!?" A sudden voice appeared from the darkness behind me.

I jumped at the male's commanding yet smooth words. My arms shook slightly from adrenaline of the unknown danger. For all I knew, he could be a psychopath. Without magic, or Peter, I was helpless against any threat. I really needed to learn hand to hand combat.

Gathering my courage, I slowly turned around to face the male silhouette.

"I ask again," He said while I was turning, "who are you—no." He breathed out his words in disbelief. His face became pale, as if he'd seen something unspeakable.

Torchlight invaded my vision as I looked at him. At first my brain couldn't make the connection. His jet black hair, bright blue eyes, and lean figure was foreign to me.

"Solstice. I-I can't believe it. It's real. This is all real. Y-You're alive."

Then it hit me like a wave crashing against a rock; Like the wind blowing violently against a tree. "Archer?" I questioned with caution. I was contemplating whether or not I should trust my eyes. They've been quite deceiving before.

Without another word, Archer stuck end of the torch into the ground, and ran over to me. His embrace enveloped me into a warm hug. He buried his face into my shoulder as his grip around me tightened.

My heart ached at the sound of his voice. I never realized how much I cared for Archer until this moment. I missed him so much. He was one of the only people in my memory who actually wasn't distorted. Everyone and everything in Neverland was blurry to me, except him. My memories of Archer were good. They weren't tampered with. Yet with Baelfire, Peter, Wendy, Dustin, and everyone else, I couldn't trust my memories. They all seemed to be fake.

"I thought you were dead." His voice trembled as he spoke. It seemed as if he was trying to control his emotions.

I embraced him and slightly rubbed his back. "What do you mean?"

Archer let go of me so he could look into my eyes; "Pan told everyone you were dead."

My breath caught in my chest; "that's exactly what Baelfire said when I saw him in London. I-I thought he was lying."

Archer placed his hands on my shoulders, stopping me from speaking. "Okay, hang on Sol. Slow down. What are you talking about?"

I bit my bottom lip, "I can't remember much of what happened last time I was on Neverland. My memories are distorted somehow. I can't trust myself. That's why I need to get this cuff off." I held out my wrist, showing the leather bracelet, "I need my magic back, then I must find my true love so my memories will return to me."

Archer said nothing for a moment until he sighed. "We need to find Baelfire then."

My eyes widened. "Why did you say that? I-Is Baelfire my true love?"

Archer shrugged. "I'm no fairy. I can't tell you that. But you and him did have something special together. Something Pan was jealous of."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "at this point Peter has been nothing but kind to me. My memories tell me Peter was good and pure; and Bealfire was the evil one. I remember him killing Shine."

Archer's eyes sparked with anger, like a match igniting in the shadows. "Baelfire did not kill anyone. Pan killed Shine. He brought you here, he brought all of us here to be his puppets. To play his game. Solstice, believe me when I say you cannot trust Pan."

"But Archer," I whimpered, "I love Peter Pan."

Without You (Book 2 of The Blue Star) OUATOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara