Pained Truths

Chapter 12

*Solstice*

"I-Is it possible I don't love you anymore?" I said as my voice trembled with fear.

Baelfire looked at me; his eyes were full of grief. "What?"

I swallowed hard, "these past months I thought you were a murder. I hated you. I don't remember you as a good person. I remember you dark, hateful, manipulative—a monster."

"But none of that's true." His words were hoarse. His eyes pleaded with mine. "That's Pan."

"But I didn't know that until a few hours ago. How could the love you and I once shared come back that easily? It can't. It can't because I believed you were the monster. I thought I loved Peter, not you." I was one the verge of tears as I spoke; "Baelfire, I love Peter."

"You don't mean that." Baelfire's voice trembled, he looked as if he was about to break down. "Do you have any idea what it was like for me to believe you were dead?" He hesitated before speaking again. It seemed as if he was trying to decide whether or not he should say something more. But he finally spoke; "I couldn't bare to live without you. The grief was too much for me to handle. Solstice," his sorrow filled eyes locked onto mine, "I almost took my own life."

Shock overtook me as I heard his words. My heart broke as I saw his expression. I stepped closer and pulled him into a hug. As soon as my arms wrapped around him, he started to cry. I didn't know what to say so I just stood there, holding him. I felt as if my heart was being broken into pieces. Baelfire just confessed he loved me so much that he couldn't live without me. It must hurt him so much to know that I don't love him anymore.

I needed to get my memories back.

"Please don't say you love Pan more than me." Baelfire's words shook as he pleaded with me.

I couldn't promise that. I couldn't until I got my memories back. I let out a silent pained cry, "I'm sorry. I can't."

Baelfire's arms slowly fell away from me. He backed away from me slightly as he looked into my blue eyes. Tears streaked down his cheeks as he spoke; "Then we're getting your memories back. I don't care how long it takes. Just know that I would do anything for you Sol. I love you, even if you don't love me."

__________________

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short. I'll hopefully be posting the next chapter on Saturday or Sunday (: