Reunited

Chapter 6

*Solstice*

I followed Cale into the darkness of the streets, hoping he'd locate Baelfire. I had to find him and fast. I needed to know why Peter would take a child's heart. He would never do anything like that, ever.

"Tell me Solstice," Cale's voice was soft as if he thought he was being overheard. "How do you like being the queen of the stars? I always thought you were too much of a brat to take the crown seriously."

Gasping, I halted. I put my hands on my hips and glared at Cale as he turned around. "I was a brat–?"

"Yeah, pretty much." He snickered. "You always complained way too much for my liking."

I scoffed, "says the boy who tried killed me more than three times. You might be slightly confused because of you being dead and all but you were the one who made my life a living hell."

Cale chuckled. "Then I succeeded at one thing at least."

I raised my eyebrow. "And what's that exactly?"

Cale shrugged, "I find pleasure in pissing you off." He turned on his heel to walk away but stopped suddenly. He cocked his head like a dog, seemingly trying to hear something.

"What are you doing, you—"

"Quiet!" Cale hissed. "Shut up or you're going to tip Baelfire off."

"What? You mean he's here!? Where?" I said almost too loudly. Cale gave me a hard look but I didn't care. Let Baelfire know I'm here, then he can cower in my presence, begging for mercy.

Just then I heard faint footfalls in front of me. A shadow was seen in the distance.

"No." The quivering voice of the silhouette said. "It can't be."

Heart hammering, blood boiling, and anger rising, I stiffened as I heard his voice; that voice that I once swooned over. How stupid I was then. I was weak. But not anymore, I am strong and I don't need him.

"Hello Baelfire." It took all my strength not to gag of the taste of his name.

"Solstice?"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Baelfire*

A voice. A beautiful voice could be heard in the distance. My eyes snapped open. The moonlit sky twinkled, forever haunting me; reminding me of my Star. I blinked back my tears and tried to fall asleep but a voice ripped through my mind. I say straight up, thinking someone was watching me. I got up from my makeshift bed and walked out of the alley, searching for the voice.

London's streets were dark and empty. My footsteps echoed in the night. I still heard a voice whispering. It sounded like a woman speaking, but then again I could just be delusional.

"What?" I heard the feminine voice. "You mean he's here!? Where!?"

I turned the corner to see none other than my love. I didn't understand it. She looked almost exactly the same. Her same long dark brown wavy hair, her same blue eyes and fair skin. She had bags under her eyes as if she hasn't slept in weeks.

"No. It can't be." My voice cracked at the sight of her. She was just as beautiful as the last time I saw her.

Her head snapped toward my direction. Her expression showed shock but her eyes burned with fury. "Hello Baelfire." Her words were stiff and rehearsed.

"Solstice?"

I couldn't believe it. She was standing right in front of me. The girl who died in Neverland was standing right in front of me. I must've be dreaming, yet it didn't feel like a dream.

I walked toward her slowly, afraid if I went too fast she'd disappear any moment. We were a foot apart and I could see her face clearly in the night. She was distraught. She flinched as my hand touched her. I instantly backed away.

"How can this be possible?" I breathed out. "How are you alive?"

Her expression turned confused. "What are you talking about?" There was something off about her voice. It was bitter and angry.

"P-Pan told me you were dead." I paused as I gazed at her confused features, "but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Pan did always lie about everything."

"DON'T SAY THAT!" Solstice burst out with fury. Her eyes were filled with a murderous lust.

I backed away at her fit of anger. I didn't understand why she was so mad. I inspected her more carefully; she was angry but yet her skin didn't turn blue. Normally when's she's angry her skin and eyes glow a bright blue.

"What did Pan do to you?" My voice was filled with fear for what her answer might be. She was different and broken. She seemed weary with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

"He didn't do anything to me." Solstice spat. Her voice was venomous, something I've never heard before in her once soft, gentle voice. "It was you. It was all you. Why did you do it? Huh? What did I ever do to you!? It was just a game to you wasn't it? WASN'T IT!?"

"Solstice!!" I shouted over her fits of anger, "what's wrong with you!? What did Pan do to you?"

"He did nothing to me! You were the one who killed Shine and Dylan! You were the one who brought Wendy to Neverland just to make me jealous! I hate you!! Do you hear me? I hate you!"

I shook my head, tears pricked my eyes. "You don't mean that."

Solstice straightened her back and glared at me. "Yes Baelfire, I do."