Quickening Heart

YIKES!! Been a while since I've updated!! This chapter was actually really tough for me to write 😁 so I hope you guys like it!! 🤗

______________________

Chapter 24

*Third Person POV*

The sun peaked over the horizon; dawn caught the sky with the morning light creeping over Neverland.

Solstice's eyes trapped the sun's brilliance as she saw the one she'd been looking for. She instantly rushed over to his metal prison, calling his name; "Baelfire! Baelfire!!"

He didn't move.

Panic began to rise in her chest as she saw he was unresponsive. She sneaked her hand between the iron bars of the cage to touch him, but a sudden voice stopped her.

"Don't touch him!" The voice shrieked.

Solstice's head snapped to her side to find yet another prisoner inside a different jail. Wendy was enclosed inside with terrified eyes. She felt resentment toward Solstice; Solstice was the one who took Baelfire away. The one who stole his heart. Wendy couldn't forgive her for that—ever.

"Don't touch him Solstice. He's asleep." Wendy said with authority. She was afraid of the Star, but knew she wouldn't hurt her. Solstice was a kind soul, yet could be terrifying with magic. Wendy knew that from the stories of a boy named Cale who hated Solstice for personal reasons.

"What's wrong?" Solstice whispered to Wendy, wondering how touching him could be wrong.

Wendy looked around, scouting out for anyone who could be listening. She looked back at Solstice; "I don't know exactly what happened, but Pan gave the Lost Boys a spell; magic that caused Baelfire and your friend Cyrus to feel tremendous amount pain. Every move they make is like torture for them. Please don't cause Bae anymore agony."

Solstice was shocked at what Wendy confessed. She looked down at Baelfire and saw his eyes closed. Her heart broke as she saw him laying there, still like a corps. She looked over to where Cyrus laid, and he too was motionless.

She was about to try and wake Baelfire again, but Wendy burst out into a rage.

"Stop it!" She cried, "haven't you caused him enough pain already?" Wendy's fury grew as she tore into the Star with her hurtful words.

"Already—?" Solstice began but was soon cut off.

"Yes, already!" Wendy shouted at her. "Baelfire told me how you loved Pan, not him. When you spoke those words he was crushed! He wants you so badly, I can tell, but you can't clear your own mind of Pan. You love a monster. How could you?"

Solstice was shocked by Wendy's upsetting words. The Star never dreamed Wendy could be that defensive and frustrated. She always saw the blonde girl having a carefree and childlike spirit. Apparently, Solstice figured, Wendy had a strong and sturdy side when it came to Baelfire.

"I don't love Pan." Solstices words were agitated but yet also sorrowful. "Pan put a spell over me to believe I was in love with him. I'll never love someone like him." Solstice's eyes were downcast, gazing at Baelfire's features. Her heart throbbed as she ventured her mind for any memory of him that wasn't polluted.