Do We Have A Deal?

Chapter 26

*Solstice*

"Tell me Solstice, do you know of Pandora's Box?" Peter Pan questioned with a curiousness hinting in his eyes.

I scoffed slightly, "Do you really think I'm that stupid? Of course I know of it. It contains souls of pure evil. Such horrors were trapped inside for good reasons, so the stories say. But it's just a fairytale—a myth."

"Ah but that's where you're wrong." He flashed a grin and stepped away from me. I felt as if now I could breathe.

"What do you mean? Pandora's Box is a legend. It doesn't exist." I said plainly.

"Ah but it does." Pan paused for a moment to study my reaction; "and I need you to retrieve it."

My eyebrows shot up. "What!? Me? Seriously? Why me? Why can't you go?"

Pan snickered. "Oh poor confused Solstice. I must not leave Neverland; I must be the overseer. But you—you can leave as long as that cuff remains on you wrist. That is why I haven't taken it off yet, because if you try to leave Neverland without it on, you'll die."

I gritted my teeth; "yes, I understand that. I was sick with the Star Fever, no thanks to Cale."

Pan eyed me with interest as he began to pace; "And to sweeten it up a bit, if you bring me back the box undamaged, I will not only remove the cuff, but I will set Baelfire free from Neverland. Do we have a deal?"

My heart made the decision before my conscious could process his words. Baelfire hated it on Neverland. I had to give him his best chance at a future, even if it was without me. I breathed in deep and nodded. "Fine. I'll do it. But I have a question first; why can't you just wish for Pandora's Box to appear?"

Pan chuckled teasingly at my comment. "Solstice, are you really that stupid? No, I cannot. Neverland only posses so much magic. There are certain things you cannot wish for, Pandora's Box being one of them. This box contains tremendous amount of magic—magic more powerful than Neverland itself. I cannot wish for something more powerful than the ground we walk on."

I retreated deep into my thoughts when he finished speaking. Why hadn't I heard of this? I never knew Pandora's Box could be so powerful—more powerful than Neverland—even Peter Pan. "Why do you want it anyway? What's your game?"

"The way you win a game isn't by revealing your plan. I guess you will have to figure it out for yourself. Call it part of the mystery—the suspense. It'll be amusing I'm sure."

"Amusing for you." I snarled at him.

"Watch out Star, or you'll find those pretty paws of yours declawed." His eyes flashed with a spark of intensity; something bright and dangerous.

Annoyance stung my chest but I buried deep down, knowing I shouldn't antagonize him further. I swallowed my pride and gave in; "alright. I will do this deed for you. Where is it located?"

Pan stepped closer; "The Dark One posses it."

My heart thudded against my chest with fright. The Dark One has always been someone to fear. He was ruthless. "How the hell am I going to get Pandora's Box from The Dark One without my magic!?"

Pan's grin widened; "well there's the fun part. You must require pixie dust."

"What?" I honestly thought he sounded insane. Where was I going to get pixie dust from? There were trees on Neverland which used to produce pixie dust but they are no more. It's impossible to have pixie dust without stealing it from a fairy.

"Yes, well done, you seem to be regaining your intelligence. I don't have any pixie dust with me, that's why you must steal it." He inched forward once again.

I scoffed, "steal it from who? The last time I checked there weren't any fairies on Neverland, unless you have one stashed away in that desk of yours."

Pan snickered as he stepped forward once more; he was now right in front of me. I could smell his scent. I should've attempted to put distance between us but my feet wouldn't move. Then Pan's voice became low as if he sensed my unwillingness to back away; "Solstice, you're sarcasm amuses me. You're right though; there are no fairies among Neverland—yet."

My eyebrows furrowed; "what you talking about?"

His smile faded and his expression became serious; "a fairy named TinkerBell will be joining us shortly."