17. I went from budding thespian to stage-shy non-thespian. Yup.

Been spending my days cooped up in the house, most of the time. My cousin and I went to a mall weeks ago just to eat the new Waffle Cone that they've been advertising so much on telly all the time but nope, they didn't have it. Ended up going to Swirl's, instead.

On a sad note, I didn't get into two colleges.This system here is so impersonal. There's no sending people any rejection letter or e-mails or anything. You see your name on the list, good; you don't, oh well, you didn't get through.

On a slightly better note, I did get into one college but sadly, it wasn't the one I wanted to get into so, I'm pretty down about that.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope you enjoy reading the chapter! Happy reading folks!

                                                                             Rupanjali.

17. I went from budding thespian to stage-shy non-thespian. Yup.

Saturday,

September 28,

9:53 pm.

               This week has been busy, busy, busy. After spending a few days getting over the horror of my horrific results,  I resolved to plunge myself head first into school activities by deciding to participate in the school concert.

 First things first, our school concert is a biannual event in which kids from nursery to the twelfth grade participate in. There are mostly two types of programs in the school concert - dances and plays. The stage is put up in the basketball court and chairs are laid out for the spectators to sit on. It's basically a very nice event, the kind that makes you feel sort of nostalgic and go, "Oh my God! I'm so proud to be a part of this school!" 

I've participated in four school concerts so far and volunteered for one because I didn't participate. That was in eighth grade and the reason I didn't participate was that there were only dances that year and I, having two left feet, obviously couldn't participate. 

It was boring not participating because my best friends at the time, Ahana and Samadrita (y'know the one who's birthday and the Maths Unit were on the same day?) were both participating and I had to sit in the dusty basketball court (my classroom was being used for rehearsal) with absolutely no one to talk to.

 Boy, was that tedious!

Anyhow, back to the point (I think I tend to ramble a bit. Not a bit but a lot, if I'm being honest which I am), I've decided to participate in the school concert this year and so has Ahana. Actually, the two of us sort of decided to take part together. 

I'm currently listening to this song by Duran Duran (All You Need Is Now) that I heard quite a while back (when I was in the seventh grade, actually) when I first discovered VH1 when I was staying at my uncle's place in the summer. I hadn't heard it for all this while and it's making me feel nostalgic about all the things I used to do three years ago that I don't. Wow, I'm making myself sound so old! 

Great, I've drifted off the point once again. Oh well. 

Anyway, I'm participating in the school concert because they're having a play this time. I was ridiculously nervous about auditioning because one of my friends from the Commerce section told me that some of the girls there told their class teacher that I apparently am 'expressionless' (their words, not mine) when she asked them how I was at acting. 

Great, I've got my work cut out for me, I said to myself, when I was going to audition. Ahana assured me I'd do well and I said she'd do well too which she did. Besides, Ahana's a pure natural when it comes to acting and she's a real thespian so she doesn't have much trouble playing characters as much as I do.