(Spring) Chapter 10

Começar do início

". . . . ." He was dead silent.

"Douji-san, what happened?" Asura was worried.

"She..." Gil spoke up in a whisper-like tone. "...already went home."

"You just let her go?"

"Please, Souji-san, I have so much to take in right now...that I can't take it," Gil grit his teeth.

Asura looks at Gil and saw something in his eyes. She was surprised to see the expression of sadness and guilt etched on his face. "Douji-san..."

"I'll go get my bag," Gil made his way to the chair he used to sit on and grabbed his bag.

Marie looks at Gil and can't help but feel angry. "Douji-senpai, just a moment."

Gil stopped on his tracks and slightly looks at Marie.

"Suzuhana-chan is hurting right now and I hope that you can feel what she's feeling," Marie said, serious. "So, please, don't hurt her any longer."

"...You know..." Gil tilted his head down. "The two of us are hurting," he said in an inaudible voice.

"What?" Marie wasn't able to catch what Gil said.

The golden-headed man didn't say anything else and just started to leave. He ignored the stares of Itsuka, Asura, and Nero, who were by the door. While he was walking on the streets near Fuyuki bridge, Hinako's face earlier kept on flashing inside his mind.

'It's not like I chose to be this way.'

May 24, 2016 - After School

"Gil, congratulations on your suspension ending today," Asuto said as he places a hand over his shoulder.

Gil grabbed Asuto's hand and lifted it away, saying "Yeah, yeah. It was a little hard for me to not practice here every meeting."

Asuto laughs. "Yes, I can see it in your face. Anyway, have you talked to Koujiro-kun? You two haven't seen each other since last week due to the exams and I can't help but wonder if you two made up."

"No, I haven't," Gil crosses his arms over his chest. "And besides, why should it be me who apologizes?"

"Well, not that I'm taking Koujiro-kun's side or anything but he has a point. You literally rammed your shinai onto Suzuhana-chan's head that day."

When Asuto mentioned Hinako's name, Gil suddenly remembers the heart-felt and sad conversation the two of them had last Saturday. He slowly lowers his arms and places one hand over his hip. "Whatever. I'll talk to him when I get the chance."

"Woah, that's so unlike you, Gil!" Asuto said as his eyes widened.

"What did you say?!" An anime vein popped out from Gil's cheek. "I'm only going to do it for the team! What about you, huh? I still remember you joking around that day on the clinic. Are you an exhibitionist or something, you idiot?"

An imaginary arrow pierces through Asuto and he fell to the floor. "E-Exhibitionist?" He cried chibi tears.

Gil heard the door to the kendo room open, so he turns around to see who it was. He was shocked to see that person. It was Hinako and they exchanged stares for a moment.

"Douji-senpai..." Hinako mutters under her breath with a slightly sad expression.

"Suzuhana..."