Drugstore Meet ups

Start from the beginning

"Just thought you'd like to know." He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Thanks babe." I said.

"You're very welcome." He replied.

"We're going to be late to school, because I'm going to read all of these." I said.

"Please don't do that." He sighed.

"I'm doing it and there's nothing you can do to stop me." I told him. "Okay, love you bye." And I hug up the phone before he could scold at me.

I let out a sigh and placed my phone on the sink before reading the next sticky note.

You make me smile.

And then I read the second one.

You don't mind a quiet night.

Then the next one.

Your beautiful smile.

***

"We have a pop quiz in Mr. Wheeler's." Amy Denner said to me as I passed her on the hallway.

She has Mr. Wheeler for first period and she usually tells me what we're doing so that I'll have a heads up.

"What? What is it on?" I asked.

"The new stuff we're looking at." She said before walking away and I looked at Jason.

"Today was suppose to be a good day." I pouted.

"It's still a good day."

"No it's not. There's a pop quiz."

"It's not exactly a pop quiz if you know about it." He rolled his eyes and we stepped into Mr. Pilot's room.

"I saw your performance yesterday." Some random guy said to me as I took my seat. Well, he's not really random. His name is Samuel.

"You rocked it." He said and I nodded at him.

"Thanks." I said and he walked away.

"What about our performance?" Adam teased and Samuel looked at him nervously.

"Uhh, yours was good too man." He replied awkwardly before walking away.

"Do you have to intimidate the freshmen?" Jason asked.

"My favorite pastime." Adam nodded and I smiled in agreement.

"I told you guys karaoke would be fun." I smiled at them and Jason rolled his eyes.

"It was fun for you. Not us." He shook his head and I smiled.

Maddie and Katie walked in and buy back a smile. Because I know they are going to ask.

I watched them stop their conversation and took their seats. In unison they turned their bodies to face me.

"That was creepy." I nodded.

"Did you like your surprise?" Katie asked.

"I loved it." I grinned.

"Look, she's grinning." Maddie said and I laughed.

*

I think I failed the pop quiz. Because, everything on there was foreign.

Amy Denner lied to me.

While Mr. Wheeler finished with the new set of notes, I received a text from Jason.