Chapter 24: Summoned

"Let me go!"
    The men's laughter echoed through the empty dark place. There was about six of them, all crowding around her and trying to grab her. She was weakened so using her godly powers wouldn't work as they should and of course, the men weren't mortals or gods but they were immortal beings.
    Ametis reached out and grabbed the nearest man, wrapping her strong hands around his throat. "I am the daughter of Horus!" She shouted before digging her hand into the flesh of his throat and with a quick swift hand movement, she ripped his throat out and tossed his systems to the side of the room.
    Dark blood coated her hand and dripped down to the cold hard ground. She glanced to the other advancing men, her eyes buring with hatred.
   "You know, your future King would be angry to find you have mistreated his guest and did not heed his commands," came a calm but angry voice that lingered in the shadows.
    The men stopped walking and glanced around with confused looks. Ametis wiped the blood against her partially tattered dress and frowned towards where the voice came from. It was not Kha but she would never forget her brother's voice.
    The question was; what was he going to do now?
   "Get away from the girl," said Ihy emerging from the intense shadows.
   "We don't take orders from a third in command," replied one of the men with his beady eyes searching Ihy.
   "Well how about you listen once and let my sister go?" Asked Ihy. He swung his right hand behind his back and walked forward towards the men.
    One of the them approached him and spat at his feet, "get out of here. We got a job to finish, son of Horus."
   "So do I," Ihy stated and pulled out his sword. He rammed it through the man's chest and watched as blood came spurting out of his mouth. The men fell to his knee and his four friends left tried to advance onto Ihy. He faced them with a calm but fierce expression. Behind them he saw Ametis moving aside from the group.
    Another of the men launched himself onto Ihy with a dagger glinting in his hand and stumbled backwards as a blade protruded through his chest. Ihy twisted the blade and watched him collapse onto the ground. Ametis realized he was swifter and more skilled than he ever was and that was intimidating. She backed into the wall and watched him skillfully kill each of the strangers until two were left.
   "I will not kill you," he said sheathing his sword, "instead I ask that you tell your sender that Kha will have their head if they try to touch the prisoner."
   They stared in horror at him and nodded.
   "Go!"
    Together the two remaining men scattered out of the prison and ran for their lives. The thumping of heavy boots echoed in the empty prision corridors until they fades. Ametis wiped her bloody hands and looked up to meet her brother's gaze. 
   "Are you all right?" He asked and Ametis's heart broke on the sound of his voice.
   "What does it matter? Even if I am all right, I am still a prisoner," she muttered and turned away from him. "Why did you step in? I heard you were binded to Kha. Would is be easier if he just had me killed?"
    Ihy shifted nervously, "you should be careful Ametis. I think he likes you too much."
    She snorted and sunk to her back, against the wall she sat and looked at him. "You look well, so I think I do not have to worry about you then. Being Kha's second-in-command does not sound bad." She said it in a very cold and unforgiving way. "You must know he said I should keep clear of you."
   "If you want to keep clear of your only brother, so be it. I came to talk."
   "He said it in a way that made it seemed you did something bad. What did you do, Ihy?"
    Ihy walked around in slow circles and stopped in front of her, "later you will come to know. But for now, this is not a safe area for you. Kha wants to keep you alive but it seems others have other ideas."
    Ametis scoffed and hung her head, "so you are not as blind as I thought you were," she sarcastically stated. This was a prison
half-submerged in water with rats, cockroaches scattering in the dark spaces and he said 'not a safe area'. Well Ametis might as well just pluck out her eyeballs there and then.
   "Come with me," said Ihy stooping down onto his knees so he could be on the same level as his sister collapsed against the wall.
   "I think not," Ametis replied in shock. "Why?"
    Ihy extended his hand, "Kha had a feeling this would occur and so he sent me to escort you back to his chambers. You should be grateful."
    She laughed spitefully, "his chambers? So that he may force me to be his bride and claim the throne through me? He might as well just marry you, Prince Ihy."
    If Ihy was insulted by his sister's comment, he did not show it. However he still went on to explain to her in the best way he could—persuade her. "You must not anger Kha further. I feel he is treating you less harsher because of me, you are my sister after all and I am his second-in-command. If you feel the need to anger him, he might treat you worse. Come Ametis, even I can not protect you here." He thrust out his hand further for her to take.
    Ametis looked at his hand as if she was trying to make a deal with Anubis and was contemplating the consequences. She reached out and took her brother's hand. He pulled her swiftly to her feet. With his other free hand, Ihy held his sword flat and levelled against her waist. The cold metal brushed Ametis's dress and she stared at him for an explanation.
   "Sister dear, I may be your brother but I have my duties. Run and I will bring this blade against you, therefore rendering you in half. I suggest that you do not run." Ihy then walked her out of the prison and up the dungeon staircases while keeping his sword dangerous close to her skin.