Chapter 3: Temple Of The gods

Elthena couldn't describe the feeling that swept through her as she held onto Sut and wafted through the black portal.
   While she thought her head would be spinning, instead it remained calm as if she was used to it. She probably was, but that was the matter of her returning memories once again.
    Bright lights hit her sight but she did not falter as she stared straight into the rays--for she knew when the lights faded she would be back where she originally called home.
    And she was.
    As the lights faded she found herself jumping off Sut's back and onto hard brown concrete grounds. The mark of a cobra swirling around the courtyard where they arrived. She stood and glanced around--more memories flooding her mind--as she noted the Temples, the long winding Nile flowing out to Egypt and the huge Pyramids that shadowed parts of the beautiful land.
    Lovely trees that reached into the high heavens with blossoming flowers dancing down in hanging branches, palm trees and the beautiful reeds that blessed the Nile.
    There were flowers too. Those she knew Isis had brought into the world on the day she celebrated finding her love, Osiris, once more after he was murdered by Set the god of evil and darkness.
    She suddenly felt a hand on her back, resting oh so tenderly.
   "Dimide?"
   "Hmmm. About that, I'm not Dimide. I am the young god of judgement, Amiid is actually my name."
   "Amiid...I see. Well, Amiid, will I be obtaining my memories back soon?" She asked smiling at the god.
   "Of course, we need to take you to the mouth of the Great Nile and have your grandmother, the Queen herself bless the Nile to restore your memories."
    "I am the granddaughter of Queen Isis? Who are my parents," Elthena whispered as Amiid led her up a few steps into the a Temple.
    "All in good time, Princess."
    He ushered her into a grand room with paintings of the gods moulded into the walls and certain mythical creatures of Egypt sat as statues on the concrete cement.
    Elthena passed one of which she perceived the god Horus kneeling before Amun-Ra, ancient father of the gods, in his hands was a little child. By the bightest golden light circling the child, it was clear he or she was special.
   "This way, El." Amiid tugged onto her hand as they approached a huge double door, marked with the element of Amun-Ra. The sun disk itself.
    The guards by the doors bowed low before pulling the doors apart to make way for the god and goddess.
    Bright lights pierced the golden halls but didn't seem to faze the two dieties as they walked in.
   Amiid looked over at Elthena and smiled casually, sending her a reassuring feeling.
   "Ah, Anubis your son has arrived." A lovely sweet feminine voice sang. Her voice bounced off the walls majestically. Elthena turned and stared in awe as behind a pillar walked a beautiful woman. Her hair was long to the edge of her feet and were like dark waterfalls. She was dressed in white, not a trace of gold was found on her unlike the other dieties.
   "Shai," Amiid bowed to the female.
    They reached the center of the room where there was water, the Nile, creating the illusion of a pond. There were loud claps of thunder as the Temple shook and dieties started appearing all around the trio. All mejestic in their godly forms, dressed in pure gold and white garments with armlets and jewels adorning them.
   "Son," a man walked forward and embraced Amiid. He was definitely handsome but had a fearful vibe emitting off him. He was tall and muscular with a sharp jawline and extremely dark circles under his pale deathly glow.
   "Anubis. Father, I have not failed you. See for yourselves! All of you--the only  daughter of the great son of Osiris has returned!" Shouted Amiid breaking off his father's embrace and glancing around at everyone gathered there.
    Immediately the gathering of deities roared with cheers.
    Elthena stumbled back and instead bumped into the mysterious Shai. She let out a squeal before holding Elthena still.
   "Oops!" She smiled. "Going somewhere so soon?"
   "What are they talking about? Why is my return so important for them to celebrate. I know I have certainly not been dead before," whispered Elthena.
   "Well you're here because of me."
   Ethena forwned.
   "You?"
   "My name is Shai, but for now without your full memories...I am known as fate."
   "Fate. Shai, why have you made them bring me here?" Questioned Elthena to the goddess beside her.
    She smiled, "believe me I am a pure deity. I have no intention to harm you or anyone. I simply revealed something of great importance to the immortals, that they see fit to include you in since you carry the same blood as us."
   "I know I'm a deity. Why am I here?"
   "All will be reavealed El," replied Shai patting her shouldrs.
   "But when?"
   "Just when your father Horus and Lady Hathor arrive."
    Stunned, Elthena just froze in place and allowed Shai to hold her and move her towards the crowd of gods and goddesses.
   "Horus? What do you mean Horus my father?"
    Shai smiled through gritted teeth. "You ask a lot of questions. Maybe I should just knock you out here and pray to Amun that should you wake up with a bruise, so will you wake with your memories."
   "Please do," muttered Elthena as she smiled forcingly at goddess who had a claw mark running down and disappearing just where her garment started on her chest.
    The hunting goddess waved at her.
   "You are too late to ask me this pleasurable favor. Look!" Shai grabbed Elthena's jaws and forced her to look forward. Elthena shrugged off her hold; for such a delicate and beautiful goddess, Shai had a very powerful grip.
    The crowd parted and the commotion died down.
   "The god Osiris and Queen Isis!"
    Elthena stared as the couple cloaked in gold walked forward. Isis was a very slender and beautiful goddess, her skin looked as soft as the moon. As she walked, her gold-plaited skirt lined with gems could be heard swishing against the marble floors. Her black hair was in a long plait that also reached down to her feet as Shai and the other goddesses. Her pure emerald eyes held the gaze of Elthena with such lovingness that Elthena felt suffocated in a good way. She couldn't breathe.
    Beside Isis walked the god of the afterlife, Osiris her brother and also her immortal companion. Though all the gods and goddesses were in their giant godly forms, Osiris was just more ferocious looking. He was very handsome indeed, just like any other god or goddess in the room. The immortals never existed in the binds of 'average' or 'ugly' not even the deities with the pitiest work. They were all handsome and beautiful.
    It was also there that Elthena realized the gods didn't have any form of overgrown facial hair at all. Maybe just facial hair but it certainly was not overgown! They were all equal in age, though the only thing that separated their appearances from young to older was their personalities, behaviours and the significant of a certain look they carried.
    Osiris, like Anubis had a death glow around him that made him appear grave and powerful. Afterall they nearly did the same course for life. Anubis took guidance over the dead and Osiris took over for the afterlife.
    A cobra staff was in his hand as he walked over with Isis to stand before the bowing girl.
   "God of air, Horus and his beloved, Mistress of the West--Lady Hathor!"
    Though bowing, Elthena couldn't resist the urge to look up. And she did.
    It was there she came face to face with the god of air himself, her father Horus.
    And beside the glory of her husband, walked ambitious and beautiful Hathor...Elthena's mother.