House of Summons/House of Alliances

One after another, the Sibuna members rushed out of the cellar, and Jared led them to the front door. He swung the door open and came to an abrupt stop when he saw the Society gathered there along with Rusk who had Niamh Ina choke hold with the gun against her head.

"Why'd you drop the gun, Niamh?" William pouted.

"Let us see the Chosen One," Mr. Carroway instructed.

Lucille excused herself to the front, but Jared still held her back behind his arm as a safety precaution.

"You will summon these gods, right here, right now," Mr. Owen commanded. "Or she dies." He nodded his head toward Niamh and Rusk.

"I don't know the words," Lucille stated softly.

"Eugene, go get the book," Mr. Owen demanded. When Mr. Rainier didn't move, he looked over at him and with more authority, told him, "Don't test me any further than you already have tonight. Get the book."

Mr. Rainier went through the children to get into the house.

"I thought the Society and Rusk just didn't mix," Sarah admitted all of a sudden.

Mr. Harvey glanced over at Rusk when Mr. Carroway replied, "This alliance is temporary."

"Right, because while the gods are tearing this world apart, you'll just war off with him, is that right?"

"Sarah, be careful," Jonah whispered discreetly. "Remember, a guy on their side has a gun."

Mr. Duval stepped forward to Mr. Owen and said aloud, "We can't do this. They're just kids."

"Are you rethinking your membership with us? When you joined, you're aware you made a commitment, right?"

"Well right now I'm not so sure what I really committed to."

"He should've read the terms and conditions," Jared muttered to the others, trying to make light of the situation.

Mr. Owen took a deep breath. "Then leave."

Mr. Duval took a step back and when no one else expected it, he reached for Rusk's gun, but Mr. Harvey acted quickly in response, lodging his elbow into the back of Mr. Duval's head and sending him to the ground. Mr. Owen turned around, took the gun from Rusk, and pointed it down at Mr. Duval.

Just then, Mr. Rainier had returned with the flashlight and the book.

"Calm yourselves, please," Mr. Rainier sighed. He turned to Lucille. "You already have the staffs constructed; all you have to do is recite the words." Mr. Rainier gave a final nod and walked back over to the Society members.

"Lucille, you don't have to do this," Jared whispered to her.

"Niamh is in danger. We're all in danger, in fact. I think I have to, Jared," Lucille whispered back.

Jared just shook his head and gave Lucille a kiss. "I love you."

"Same to you."

Mr. Carroway gestured for Lucille to come forward. Lucille took the other two staffs from Jared, and she traded with Mr. Rainier so that he was holding the staffs and she held the book and flashlight. She instinctively turned to the page which she knew it would be. The Society began circling around her, reciting those same words they recited around Niamh, Arabic words which translated to the familiar phrase, "Deliver us and we shall deliver you."

The words she had to read aloud were in Coptic and as she spoke them, they translated in her head to what they really meant. It was a long passage which she had to read through, first going through each god and then the history of the Triad. She hesitated just before reading the final sentence.

She closed her eyes and eventually recited it, the words translating to: I grant you passage through these gates I open myself.

She opened her eyes and dropped the book. The Society stopped circling around, and Mr. Rainier dropped the staffs as they began billowing smoke. Rusk was caught off guard by it, and Niamh took the opportunity to skip out of his grasp and join the rest of Sibuna.

There was a sudden flash, and they all shielded their eyes for just a moment before turning back to behold three towering figures standing about twice their size, holding their own staffs. Ptah stood the most noble with his jeweled crown resting on his head and his drapes shimmering gold. Sekhmet's most notable feature was her hair, long and black with a silver chain laced throughout. Nefertem's most notable feature was his eyes, just as profound as the moonlight-just as luminous.

"Kneel. Kneel!" Mr. Owen muttered to everyone.

No one took any life-threatening chance and did as he said, children and adults alike.

Ptah knelt down and surveyed Mr. Owen, using his finger to lift up the headmaster's face. Some of the others glanced up to see what was happening. Just then, Ptah lifted Mr. Owen in his hand, and Sekhmet waved her fingers around the top of her staff, where the goblet was, and lit it aflame with fire of red and gold.

Ptah carried off in one direction, Mr. Owen still in his hand. He was followed by his son Nefertem, but Sekhmet waited just a moment before following either of them. She drew fire from her goblet into her hand and turned around, tossing it right at Anubis house.

The others shielded themselves and dove away from the building watching as it erupted in destruction and flame, and Sekhmet, seemingly satisfied with the area, headed off after the other gods.

"Rachel and Tyler," William muttered. "Rachel and Tyler are in there!"

He scrambled inside, weaving his way around the patches of fire, and Jared went in after him. William stopped in the foyer, spotting Rachel up at the top of the steps, worried as to what was going on. Meanwhile, Jared continued on to Tyler's room. William beckoned Rachel down and she began her descent but was cut off by a part of the roof suddenly caving in and raining down causing debris and fire to barricade Rachel's way down.

"Oh. Ohhh. Ohhhh-kay," William gasped. "Um...just..."

Rachel was barely down the steps. She glanced down over the railing, and William got the idea of what she was trying to do.

"No. No, no, nooooo."

Rachel shrugged.

Jared popped out of Tyler's room with a worried expression. "William...I kind of need your help."

Just when Jared had said that, Rachel took the leap over the side of the railing, before William could protest further or even help her.

"Rachel!"

"I think I twisted my ankle," Rachel winced as she tried to pull herself up. William was quick to assist her.

"It's kind of urgent," Jared added impatiently.

William tried his best not to panic. "Um, okay. Rachel, do you think you can make it outside?"

"Go help him," Rachel insisted, nodding in that direction. "I've got this."

William nodded. He hurried over with Jared, and Jared retreated back into the room.

~~~~~
Things are kind of getting heightened.

But I've also kind of left this on a cliffhanger. Only because I love you guys.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time, Aristocrats!