House of Plans/House of Unriddling

Niamh met back up with William in the morning and spoke with him outside the range of the others who were coming in for breakfast.

"So, I did some research on the name Mr. Rainier mentioned to you-the Frobisher-Smythes, and you might be interested in what it has to say," Niamh compelled.

"Why would I be interested?"

"Mr. Rainier mentioned having done his own research on them and that's basically why he came to work here," Niamh reminded. "It's one step closer to uncovering who this guy is, and if he's really here after a museum was set on fire, I want to figure out some details."

"Not everything is a mystery," William shrugged.

"No, but the best things are," Niamh grinned. "So you're helping, whether you like it or not. Frankly, I wasn't informing you of this information with the intention of you not being interested, so...we'll discuss more later."

"Anything you two would like to share?" Jared interrogated as Niamh and William came over to take their seats at the table.

Niamh rolled her eyes, and William left the question unanswered, just focusing on his breakfast. Jonah slumped in his seat and let out a sigh.

"Maybe we all should do something together this weekend," Sarah suggested to break the impending silence.

"Like what?" Jonah asked.

"Like...see a movie or something," Sarah shrugged. "Or, I don't know, just do arts and crafts."

Jared chuckled.

"Yeah, no," Niamh rejected. "No arts and crafts."

"A movie sounds nice," Rachel voiced.

"Or maybe we can just watch a movie here," Tyler suggested.

"And order pizza," William added.

"This Saturday then?" Jonah asked them all. "Seeing as we have a solid plan now."

"You people are killing my soul," Jared sighed, standing up from the table and heading off with his backpack.

~~~~~
Lucille sat with Jared in chemistry, and Jonah and Sarah sat at the table in front of them. Jared got their attention, and the two of them spun around to Jared and Lucille so that they could whisper to eachother.

"Alright, so both Rachel and Tyler said they know a bit about Egyptian mythology," Jared informed. "All I need to do is show them the riddle now, and they can solve it."

"They might be suspicious of the riddle," Jonah pointed out.

"I'll just tell them I got it from online," Jared whispered back. "So, give me the riddle."

Jonah reached into his bag and brought out what he had written down and handed it to Jared. Jared stuffed it in his pocket and gave them all a thumbs-up.

"Maybe we should just make them a part of Sibuna as well," Lucille decided.

"We limit our members, alright?" Sarah reminded. "Sooner than we know it, our entire house might be in on it."

Lucille nodded understandingly.

~~~~~
Tyler ended up running into Jared at the school that day who dug into his pocket and shoved a slip of paper out on sight. Tyler was caught off guard with the sudden gesture, but he carefully took the paper from Jared's hands.

"Yes...?" Tyler asked.

"Read it and solve it," Jared demanded enthusiastically.

Tyler squinted at Jared but didn't argue against him. He removed his bag from his shoulder and went over to the couch to sit down, and Jared sat on the armchair himself. Tyler unfolded the piece of paper and recognized that it was a riddle.

"Where'd you get this?" Tyler asked as he read.

"Oh, you know...the Internet..."

Tyler didn't ask any more about it. Instead, he mumbled to himself as his eyes focused on the riddle. He reread it several times and made Jared shift impatiently until he looked up at him.

"I don't know what this means," Tyler admitted to Jared's dismay.

"What do you mean you don't know what this means?" Jared asked.

"Well, let me start with what I do know," Tyler began. "The lady who is remarked as 'our beginning of Time' is most likely Sekhmet, also known as the 'Lady of the Place of the Beginning of Time'. In the Egyptian tale of Sinuhe, the king Sehetepibre ruled in fear just like Sekhmet in the year of plague-"

"-how do you know all this?"

"Let me finish. The creator and giver of life, I'm assuming is Ptah. He was the God of Memphis, a city in Egypt, and he's basically accredited with creating the moon, the sun, and the Earth, hence, creating for the sake of life. Myth also says Sekhmet and Ptah had a child together, so I sort of pieced two-and-two together."

Jared shrugged in agreement.

"And so finally, I assume the begotten son is Nefertem, child of Ptah and Sekhmet. Now what I don't understand is anything about these 'tasks to the mask' and 'accursed treasure'...Apparently that seems to tell you where to find all this, but I can't solve that for you."

"I actually don't need help with that," Jared admitted. He reached into his bag and brought out a pen. "So anyway, if you could please write out those names you just said, and I'll be on my merry way."

Tyler took the pen and wrote down the names. He then handed the slip of paper and pen back to Jared. "Hey, are you sure you got that riddle from the Internet?"

"Yeah!" Jared asserted. "See you around." He gave Tyler a pat on the shoulder and hurried off.

Tyler stood to his feet and stared for a moment as Jared fled, wondering what all that was really about. But he decided it wasn't of that much importance and picked up his bag to head off to class.

~~~~~
Here is a chapter for you all! Sorry for not getting one out yesterday. I tried writing, but I was honestly too tired by the time I had gotten a chance, so I hope that's okay. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and for now, here are the discussion questions.

What more do you think Niamh and William will discover about Mr. Rainier?

Do you think Tyler will discover what the riddle is really for?

That's all for now, until next time, Aristocrats!