House of Letters/House of Punches

A few days had passed as the students were becoming accustomed to the people and routine. In Anubis house, they were developing their friendships with eachother progressively, certain students hanging out with some more than others.

One Saturday night, the Anubis residents were dispersed throughout the house, but Rachel was on her bed reading while Niamh was screaming toward her duffel bag. Eventually Rachel couldn't take the disturbance and put her book down on her lap.

"Is everything okay?" Rachel asked.

"No!" Niamh frowned. "I can't find it!"

"Find what? Maybe I can help," Rachel suggested.

"It's...a letter. You haven't stolen it, have you?" Niamh interrogated.

"Of course not. I don't steal."

"Fair enough. Maybe I forgot to pack it." Niamh sat down on her mattress.

"What was the letter for anyway?"

"I just had to give it to Mr. Carroway. He had to sign it."

"What better way to get to know a girl then going through her stuff?" Jared leaned in the doorway, flaunting the envelope around in his hand.

"You little-" Niamh stood to her feet abruptly.

"-eh, eh, eh. There are kids in the room." Jared smirked and pointed towards Rachel.

"Give it back; I mean it."

"And I always mean a lot of things." Jared entered the room, and Niamh glared at him, her fists clenched. "You know, this letter happened to be very interesting."

"I'm warning you right now..."

"I don't know if I want to give it ba-"

Before Jared could finish his sentence, Niamh's fist came soaring towards his face and landed right at his nose, sending him stumbling backwards. Niamh snatched the letter away and watched as Jared cupped his hands over his face.

"Niamh," Rachel stared incredulously before getting up to help Jared.

Niamh rolled her eyes and stormed out the room.

~~~~~
Lucille had come out her and Sarah's room just as Rachel was passing by, leading Jared to the stairs. She noticed a towel over Jared's face.

"Is something wrong?" Lucille asked.

"Niamh just punched Jared in the face," Rachel admitted.

"Ouch. You should really stop hitting on her," Lucille addressed Jared this time.

"It isn't over till it's over," Jared claimed, his words muffling behind the cloth.

"Come on." Rachel ushered Jared down the stairs.

Lucille went downstairs herself but not in to the same place Rachel and Jared had gone. Instead she went into the lounging area where William was asleep on the couch. She shook him awake, and he shot up, nearly bumping Lucille in the face.

"Lucy!" William exclaimed, holding his hands over his chest. "Don't scare me like that."

"Is scaring synonymous with waking?" Lucille raised her eyebrows.

"They're practically the same thing," William grinned. He made room on the couch for Lucille to sit, and she did so. "How are you?"

"I'm well," Lucille responded. "Sarah's been caught up in her own world for the past few days."

"Why is that?"

"She won't say."

"Have you tried asking?"

"Oh no, I never thought of that," Lucille remarked in a sarcastic tone.

Lucille was only entirely comfortable with two people in the house, them being Sarah and William who she'd grown up with all her life. Considering all their parents were close friends, the situation worked out well.

"Just asking," William shrugged.

"And how are your classes going for you?"

"Well they're not terrible," William admitted.

"Fair enough."

~~~~~
Meanwhile, Niamh sat outside on the steps, holding the letter in her hands. Mr. Rainier eventually had come out, noticing he had heard the door open and close earlier on.

"It might be a bit too cold for you out here," he suggested.

"I'm fine," Niamh declared without glancing back.

Mr. Rainier went and took a seat next to Niamh. She still didn't acknowledge him, but he wasn't feigned by it.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Does it have to do with that letter?"

"What makes you think you should ask me these questions, let alone have me tell you." Niamh sighed and leaned her head in the palm of her hand.

Mr. Rainier heaved a sigh. "Boy problems?"

"More like idiot problems," Niamh corrected.

Mr. Rainier didn't delve any further but just nodded slowly and said, "Come in when you're ready."

~~~~~
Rachel had taken Jared to his and Jonah's room and sat him down on the bed.

"What happened?" Jonah asked, looking up from the his computer.

"I got nailed in the face; that's what happened," his brother explained.

"I'll look after him for now," Jonah told Rachel. "Thanks."

Rachel waved at them both and left the room.

"You deserved this, didn't you?" Jonah sighed, sitting over by Jared.

"Depends on who you're asking."

"Who does it look like I'm asking?" Jonah asked.

"Okay, I may have gone through Niamh's stuff and stolen a letter, but I didn't read it."

"Are you sure?"

"You know how my brain doesn't like words...but, I may have lied and told her I did read it..."

"So you did deserve to get punched." Jonah shook his head as he stood to his feet. "Look, if you really like Niamh, ask her out; don't steal her property."

"I don't like her; she likes me."

"That's very narcissistic of you to say," Jonah scolded as he left the room.

"Joke's on you, I don't even know what that means!" Jared called out after him. He slumped back on his bed, still holding the towel to his face.

~~~~~
Sarah was in her room listening to music and writing in her journal. Her attention was eventually directed to the Eye of Horus necklace on her desk as it began to glow red. Sarah turned off her music and pulled the earphones out of her ears and picked up the necklace to examine it more closely. She knew she had never seen it do that before.

"That's new," Sarah whispered to herself. She figured it might have meant that the Chosen One was close. But without further clues, she couldn't have known who it was.

~~~~~
Here is the next chapter for you all! I hope you really enjoyed and for now, discussion questions...

What do you think is in Niamh's letter?

Why do you think the necklace is glowing?

And that's all for now! Until next time, Aristocrats.