(Spring) Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Good morning," he greeted properly.

Hinako nods her head lightly, still staring at him.

"That was weak, Gil-kun!" Teacher Bou slaps her hand on Gil's back as hard as she can, as if imprinting a mark on it. "Do you even plan on getting a girlfriend?" She laughs.

"That hurts, Bou-sensei!" Gil retorts, a small tear forming on his left eye.

"What? And you call yourself the captain of the Kendo team!" Teacher Bou laughs like how classic anime girls laugh. (Ohohohohoho~)

"What was that?!"

Hinako releases an anime sweatdrop from her head. "This is quite lively," she comments from behind the scenes.

Teacher Misa giggles a bit. "That's because Bou-chan is like a mother to Douji-kun."

Hinako looks at Teacher Misa, confused. "Like a mother? Then, what about Douji-senpai's real mother?"

Teacher Misa's smiley face suddenly turns into a sad one. It surprises the brown-headed girl in front of her, curiosity taking over.

"Please give these out to your classmates, Gil-kun," Teacher Bou said, handing over a stack of papers.

"Why me? Himeji  is the representative for second year students," Gil said, irritated. He took the stack from Teacher Bou's hands.

"That's for council work. This is for class work," she explains.

"Whatever, it's still her duty," Gil said. "I can't believe that I'm being worked like this," he mutters to himself.

"Get going. We have a lot to discuss about in history later," Teacher Bou smiles proudly.

"Yeah, yeah," Gil said, walking away from Teacher Bou's desk.

"And Suzuhana-san?" She looks at her. "Take these exercises for Gil-kun's class."

"What?!" Gil stops on his track and looked at Teacher Bou with slight irritation. "I can carry that, too, you know. There's no need for her to come along with me."

"You're refusing help from me?" Hinako's looks at the golden-headed man. "That's another load, Douji-senpai. You cannot possibly see what's in front of you if you put these on top of what you're already holding."

"What?! How can you say that?! You have no right to question my strength! I don't need your help!"

"How arrogant... This is quite the load, so I insist on helping," Hinako stares at the other stack of papers on Teacher Bou's desk. "It looks heavy."

"Nothing looks heavy to me!" Gil hurriedly walks back to teacher Bou's desk and places the stack that he was carrying over the other stack on the table. "I can do this on my own."

"My goodness. You two look like quarelling love birds," Teacher Misa slips in, clapping her hands together.

"We do not!" Hinako and Gil said in unison.

It wasn't long when Gil finds himself carrying the stack of hand-outs with Hinako, who was carrying the exercise sheets for Gil's history class. There was a look of irritation in his eyes as he walked beside her.

"You know, if you keep looking like that, you'll wrinkle your face," Hinako comments even though she was looking straight ahead.

"Shut up! I don't need to hear that from you, mongrel!" Gil slightly yells.

"Whatever you say, your majesty," Hinako retorts as she look to the right. "And please stop calling me that. You should fulfill your promise."