Dean Imagine

You feel like you've been kicked in the stomach. Your nose is stinging and your eyes are watering and your lips are quivering. 

"What?" you ask hoarsely. 

Your friend's eyes were wide at your sudden breakdown and they promptly snatched your phone from your hand, reading the text left on the screen from your boyfriend--ex. Their face glows red and lips pursed in dismay, ready to cuss him out to make you feel the least bit better. 

But it wouldn't. 

"He said we were good." It was yesterday you had saw Dean last. You two had gotten in an argument while out on a dinner, you were saying how dangerous it was for him to be doing his job, and he was all, 'I'm saving the world'. When he dropped you off, the both of you had cooled down and apologized. You two had kissed even! "He said we were fine." 

You didn't know where this could have come from. You wanted to call him up. Maybe he was laughing on the other side, ready to yell 'I was only joking babe!'.  But the text explained it all:

You deserve somebody better than me. You're an amazing girl, but I just feel like I'm holding you back and I don't want you to have to worry about me going out anymore. Find someone who is there to hold you at night. I'll see you around, (Y/N). DW.  

"This is some kind of joke, right?" Your friend tries. But it's obvious from the way you've reacted that this was, in fact, not a joke. "Okay, that is the most cowardly thing he could do. Break up with you over text?! He didn't even try to fix anything... What even happened? You two were all good last night, according to you."

"He said we were good." you repeat. Your mind raced. This should not have been a puzzle. Could it have been your constant complaining about him going out? But you had apologized last night, had reassured him that you thought what he was doing was for the better. So really, what could have happened? "He said we were good..." 

Your friend shakes her head at this mess, clicking a couple buttons on your phone before setting it beside her. You're sobbing now, the tears slowly traveling down your cheeks and landing in your lap. How could this have happened?! "He said--"

"(Y/N), it was nothing that you did. This is on him. You know I never really liked him in the first place." Your friend tries to comfort you, grabbing you in their arms and pulling you against their chest. "I deleted his contact from your phone. You never have to deal with his bullcrap again." You nod slightly.