Two

**Calum's pov**

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and turned it off. I got up from my bed and walked in the bathroom. I stripped my clothes off and stepped in the shower. I washed myself and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and brushed my teeth. I walked back in my room and chose clothes from the dresser. I pulled on black skinny jeans, black tanktop and tied a red flannel around my waist. I ruffled my hair with the towel and threw the towel on a chair. I shoved my phone with earphones and keys in my pocket. I picked up my backpack from the floor and walked out of my room.

I walked to the kitchen and took an apple from the fruit bowl. I washed it and took a bite of it. "Good morning", my sister said when she walked in the kitchen. "Morning Mali", I spoke with my mouth full of apple and she chuckled. "Don't choke on your apple", she said and I chuckled. "I won't", I said, mouth empty this time. There was a honk outside and I put the backpack on my back. "That's Ash", I said and took another bite from the apple. "See you in school", I spoke mouth full and walked to the front door. I pulled on my black Vans and walked out of the door.

I walked to Ashton's car and got in. "Morning", I said and put the seat belt on. "Morning", Ashton said and started to drive to the school. I finished my apple just as we arrived to school and we got out of the car. I threw the apple in a bin and walked inside with Ashton. "I'm so tired", I complained. "Didn't get much sleep?", Ashton asked and I nodded. "Yea, I was thinking about someone", I said and Ashton raised his eyebrows. "Someone who called the suicide hotline yesterday", I said and Ashton nodded. "Why were you thinking about him?", he asked. "I don't know, I just really feel like something happened after he hung up", I spoke and Ashton nodded.

"I'm sure he's fine, mate", Ashton said and I shrugged. "I hope so", I said and we walked in class. There was a guy sitting there, it was the same guy who was in all of my classes but never spoke to anyone. He was sitting in the back corner, we sat in the back too so we kind of were next to him. We spoke until the bell rang and the class filled with people.

"What do you have here?", I heard my friend, well teammate, ask from someone and I turned to look to my left. Brian was holding the quiet kid's notebook and going through it but the boy didn't do anything to stop him. "Hey Brian, knock it off", I said getting up from my seat. "What are you gonna do about it?", he asked, challenging me. "I can get you kicked out of the team, so if I were you, I'd watch my mouth", I said getting the notebook from Brian. I placed the notebook on the boy's table and stood in front of Brian until he sat on his seat.

I walked back to my seat and sat down. "Dude", Ashton said and I looked at him. "What?", I asked and ran my hands over my face. "That was intense", he said with a chuckle. "You know I don't handle bullying well", I said and he nodded. "I know and it's good that you are willing to do something about it", he said smiling and I nodded smiling. "Yea", I said smiling. "Would you actually get him kicked off the team?", Ashton asked and I shrugged. "I would if I had to", I said. "Team captains sometimes have to do difficult decisions", I said and Ashton nodded.

"Good morning class", our teacher, Mr. Jones said. "We have a new student coming in today", he spoke smiling. "This is Luke Hemmings", he said and a good looking guy with blond hair and blue eyes walked in. "Mr. Hood", the teacher said and I nodded. "Can you show him around?", he asked and I nodded. "Of course", I said and got up from my seat. "Keep an eye on Brian", I whispered to Ashton and he nodded. "Come on", I said to the new guy and we walked out of the class. "My name's Calum and I'm the football team's captain", I said and the guy, Luke, nodded. "I'm Luke", he said and I nodded.

"Okay the class we just were is English", I said and he nodded. "That's art, that's music, that's math..", I spoke as we walked through the hallway. We walked out of the building from the back door and arrived to the football field. "This is the football field", I said smiling and looked ahead of me adoring the field. "Here I spend most of my time", I said with a chuckle and looked at Luke. "Okay", he said. "Are you nervous?", I asked and turned so I was standing in front of him. "A little, to be honest", he said and I nodded. "You shouldn't", I said smiling. "If you're afraid of getting bullied or something, you shouldn't", I said and he nodded. "You can hang with me and my friend if you want", I said smiling and he nodded. "Okay", he said and I smiled. "Let's head back to class", I said and he nodded.

We walked back to the class and I walked to my seat. "You can sit here Luke", I said and pointed to the seat between the quiet kid and I. Luke nodded and sat down on the seat. We took out our books and I started to write notes from the board.

The bell rang and we walked out of the class. "Okay Ash, this is Luke and I said that he could hang with us", I said to Ashton and he nodded. "Of course", Ashton said smiling and Luke smiled. "My name's Ashton", Ashton said and Luke nodded. "Luke, but you already knew that", he said and chuckled. We turned around and started to walk towards next class but I walked into someone and they fell. "Shit, sorry", I said looking at the quiet kid. He looked up at me and I knelt in front of him. I picked up his books and got up. I offered him my hand but he didn't take it. He got up and I handed him his book. "I'm sorry", I said, he gave me a little nod and walked away.

I woke up from my thoughts when someone slapped the back of my head. "You okay mate?", Ashton asked and I nodded. "I just wondered if he's okay", I said and nodded to where the boy had walked. "I'm sure he's fine, he didn't fall that bad", Luke said and I looked at him. "Yea, I'm sure he's fine", Ashton said and I sighed. "Yea but there was something about him, something in his eyes that told me that he isn't fine", I said. "Cal", someone spoke and I turned around. "Hey Mali", I said and she frowned. "Are you okay?", she asked and I nodded. "Yea, I'm fine", I said. "You don't look fine, something's bothering you", she said and I shrugged. "Nah, it's nothing", I said and she nodded. "Hey Ash", she said and Ashton nodded. "Who's that?", Mali asked looking at Luke.

"That's Luke, he's new here", I said and Mali nodded. "I'm Mali, Calum's sister", she said and Luke nodded. "Nice to meet you", Luke said and Mali smiled. "I gotta get going, see you home Cal", she said and walked off. "She's pretty", Luke said and I glared at him. "Don't try anything with her", Ashton said and chuckled. "Calum is a bit overprotective", he continued and Luke looked at me. "Oh, I won't, I'm..you know", he said and I raised my eyebrows. "I don't know", I said because I didn't get what he was trying to say. "Gay", he said quietly. "Ooh", I said. "Okay, good", I continued. "What?", I asked when Luke looked confused. "Nothing, it's just that nobody has ever reacted like that", he said and chuckled.

"Yea, my mate there is gay too", I said pointing at Ashton. "So are you", Ashton said and chuckled. I shrugged and we walked to class. I looked at the kid sitting in the class and sighed. We sat at the back again, like earlier, but this time I sat next to the quiet kid and Luke sat next to Ashton. "Hey", I said quietly looking at the boy next to me. He turned to look at me but didn't say anything. "Are you okay?", I asked and he nodded. "You didn't hurt yourself when I walked into you?", I asked and he shook his head. "Okay, good", I said.

The bell rang and the teacher walked in the class. "We're going to do a group project", our teacher said. "Your partner is going to be the one you're sitting next to", she spoke and I looked at the quiet kid. "Good luck Hood", Brian said and chuckled. "Shut up Jensen", I said and he turned around in his seat. The teacher explained us how we were supposed to do the project and I turned to the boy next to me. "Okay so do you wanna do this at my place or yours?", I asked but he just kept staring straight ahead. "Can you give me some kind of signals that would let me know?", I asked and he started to write down something. He handed me a piece of paper that read 'yours'. "Okay then, just wait for me at the front door when school ends", I said and he gave me a little nod.

// I have around 7 chapters already written so I'll just publish those daily and then try to write new ones weekly :)