The Last Chapter

Almost two years later...

Harry's POV

I sigh as I enter the large, quiet field, scattered with seats and flowers. This day came by far too quickly. It's quiet now, but in a while with how many people I invited alone, it'll become a tad louder, respectively of course. Right now it's peaceful as it should be, only a small number of people are here. The sun is shining beautifully today, the light breeze giving today a cheerier vibe.

As I step on the grass further into the silent area, my black boots careful of the slight dampness in the ground, I fix my little miracle's dress. I completely forgot I had to buy her a black dress until this morning, so I rushed us both to the baby store near the house and bought the first one I could find. I hope it'll make Rachel smile today, wherever she is.

I can't help but look down at my daughter, resting safely in my arms. Her big, beady, blue eyes sparkle up at mine and she shoots me her happiest smile, small giggles leaving her mouth when I pepper her cheek in kisses. She's been so luminous since her first birthday just days ago, and what a big girl she's getting to be.

I sit down on the seat nearest to where we should be and sit her on my lap, holding her steady with my hands. Her small, slightly chubby fingers latch on to the sleeve of my black suit before moving to wrap around my pointer finger, something she's done a lot lately, as well as trying to talk. From what I can tell, she's getting my curly hair, but is blessed with her mother's features. With all we endured, she's truly a miracle. She came unexpectedly, but very welcomed. I am so blessed to have her.

People begin to arrive, and the place starts to form together. I see some friendly faces and they gather in the same area and sit down. I haven't seen some of these people in a while, being busy with my career and the lads, who thankfully arrived, and this new way of living with a child, it is hard to find time for visiting family and friends.

Soon enough the field is completely packed with well dressed families. I still cannot believe this day is here.

My Rachel is graduating.

The giant stage on this familiar field stands in front of hundreds of seats. Luckily the crowd Rachel and I invited alone have gotten the better spots, at least most have. Immediate family like myself get the closer seats, so I can't quite talk to the lads or see who actually came. The only people who talk to me are ladies congratulating me on my daughter and wanting to say hello to her, and people who congratulate me on my blessings in life. I thank them, it's something since the incident I've heard time and time again. From a glance behind me the seats look nearly filled, so I turn around, hoping this begins soon. I can't help but try and see behind the stage, to catch a glimpse of my Rachel but I don't see her. My daughter too seems in need of her mother, calling out "Mama!"

I look down at my littlest princess and smile at her. She reaches up, wanting to pull on the long hair I cut just days ago. She loved my long hair; Rachel and I found that out on accident. Our angel was lying on the bed one morning and I rested my head over hers to kiss her beautiful face and my hair got to her first and she made the most adorable noise and took my hair in her little hands. Now that I've cut it, she's been grabby.

A lady walks up to the stage and tries to silence the crowd, which works well. I've met her before, back when after the incident happened. She was the lady we went to explain Rachel's pregnancy, we needed to keep her in school. It was so hard to convince her, to keep her from suspending Rach for good, but Rachel and her kind self led her friend to want to and succeeded sweet talking his mum.