Chapter 49

Rachel's POV

Before I ended up a groaning mess on the sofa, it was a normal morning. I, waking up early and Harry sleeping in, his hair a mess on the sheets as I steadily but quietly made my way out of his embrace and out of bed to clean the mess of dirty dishes and pizza boxes that Harry and I left yesterday in the kitchen. We were so tired after fooling around a bit in the shower last night, we cuddled in bed and went to sleep way earlier than expected.

I was washing the dishes, just finishing up the last one as I started feeling cramps in my belly. I know my...time of month is due any moment now, and normally the pain is bearable, only a few pain strikes every so often that made me let out a huff, but other than that, I was fine.

Today is different though. A sudden strike of pain in my abdomen makes me fold in half, clutching my stomach as I whimper out. Along with being sore from yesterday's workout, this didn't help either. I discard the dish towel somewhere along the way, almost crawling towards the sofa as I let myself fall face first onto the cushion.

My mother used to tell me that whenever you were experiencing stomach aches of any sort, a pillow on the sore area and putting pressure on it does wonders. Then again, she would also tend to tell me to suck up any pain and keep going. So until Harry woke up, I was bound to the sofa, lying face down with a pillow stuck underneath me.

I can hear his shuffling from a distance and I groan, hoping he'd hear me and maybe get me some painkillers and a blanket, because fuck it is chilly right now. And yes, I can curse as much as I want because this fucking hurts.

"Love? Where are you?" Harry's raspy morning voice cuts through the living room and I groan again, letting him know of my whereabouts. I feel his fingertips ghost over my back and I wince, my whole body already double sore from whatever hormones this causes every fucking month and the torturous exercise yesterday.

"What's wrong? Are you sick? Sore from yesterday?" Harry worriedly asks, walking around the sofa to let his bum fall down near my waist, another groan leaving my lips as I feel another pain strike through my back. Sometimes I hate being a fucking girl.

"Sore. And. Period." I mumble, half of my face hidden in the soft leather. Harry nods slowly and his hands soothingly begin rubbing up and down my back, his nails lightly scratching a pattern, something he always does to soothe me. This brings me back to the day before yesterday, Harry teasing and being absolutely hilarious about my little cramps and the whole monthly girl experience. Even I joined in on the joke, but right now it's not very funny.

Harry rubs me for a little longer before asking, "Want anything?"

Yeah, I want to hibernate for the length of this stupid period.

"Hot water bottle and a blanket." I sigh happily, incredibly grateful for such a sweet boyfriend as mine, although he has no idea how this feels. I laugh a little internally when I think back on when I offered to kick him in the balls every thirty minutes so he'd know how it feels to undergo this, but he politely declined, of course.

Harry stands to his feet again, disappearing down the hall to receive my blanket probably. Within five minutes he comes back, a blanket draped over me, my pillow from my bed tucked under my head, a glass of water on the table and a painkiller dangling in front of my face.

"Take this baby, I'll put on the television and make your hot water bottle now. Relax, I will be right back." Harry kisses the top of my head as I lift myself to take the pill from his hands, quickly downing it as I let myself fall back down limply, smiling at Harry as he kneels down in front of the television, turning on the DVD player and putting on Friends for me to watch. He knows exactly what I love, and he doesn't think I saw the DVDs he bought of the series a while back, just to have for me to enjoy.

lovestruck † hs जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें