Chapter 56

Rachel's POV

Harry stands staring back at me in the middle of my living room, his hands behind his back and moving his head a little to the music sounding from my phone. God, does he look good today. He's wearing his most see through white tee, the one he likes to give me to wear and thinks I don't realize it, black jeans, his silver and blue boots, and his hair looks so fluffy. Unable to pick me up today from uni, he told me he would text me after work, but he's turned up here instead I suppose.

His tired eyes take in my sight, bugging out and looking much more awake at the towel wrapped around my body.

Insecurely, I pull up my towel and call his name, awaiting an answer to my previous question and he snaps out of his stare, clearing his throat.

"Thought I'd pay my beautiful girlfriend a surprise visit. Then, when I discovered you left the front door open after ringing the doorbell multiple times," he picks up a pair of my clean undies and hangs it on his finger, smirking, "I decided I ought to come in and give you a stern talking to as well."

I run my fingers through my hair, getting it away from my face and bite my lip, before quickly snatching my polka-dotted garment from him with my free hand.

Harry looks down at the other garments resting on the couch in front of him and fishes through what I folded, picking up the lacy piece Hayley gave me for my birthday. My cheeks heat up and I feel my embarrassment levels rising.

He unfolds it and holds it up, "Now what have we here?"

"Harry?!" I reach across the couch between us to grab it but he holds it higher. I drop my phone on the couch and hold up my towel on my body as I jump to reach for it. "Harry, give it to me!"

"Ah, ah, ah. No, baby. Don't 'Harry' me, tell me why the door was unlocked?"

"I forgot it, okay?" I stand down, placing a hand to my hip.

I honestly swear I forgot to lock the door.

He shakes his head in dismay, "How easily some creep could've come in here to see you dancing around in simply a towel..."

"Yeah," I steal the garment from him when he doesn't expect it. "Some creep.."

"You're glad it's me, you know it," he says.

I roll my eyes, fighting my smile.

"What is that noise?" Harry steps forward and picks my journal off the couch, tries to open it but I take it away from him as well.

"Besides the music," I pick my phone back up too, "I've got the shower on. I was about to get in."

"But a little dance party first?" he teases.

I laugh as he walks around the couch to be in front of me. "When you're home alone, you take the opportunity!" I shout.

I drop my notebook back on the couch and dance as the song 'Temporary Fix' comes on, holding on to my phone with one hand and my towel with the other. I jump around, singing along to the first verse, and getting a smile from my boyfriend.

"You are absolutely adorable," he chuckles, reaching for my hand with my phone in it and twirling me around, then pulling me to him.