Chapter 43

Rachel's POV

"So, should I take you home?" Harry peppers kisses all over my face before he sits up on his couch we've been cuddling on for the past few hours. He even ordered us a pizza, we got hungry and nearly devoured the small sized meal as we binged some episodes of Family Guy, as a treat for me to "rebel". It's been nice relaxing here with Harry, simply because of how hectic the past hours have been. Too hectic.

Should Harry take me home? It's only half past four..

Truth is, I don't want to leave, but it's easier sometimes to just stay and get ready at my place since I am not exactly living here. The argument to that is my hatred of sleeping alone, as childish as it seems to be terrified of my own nightmares--well, basically of my own mind, which I am constantly afraid of no matter if I'm sleeping. But, my cousins haven't seen me in nearly twenty four hours and are most likely livid with my absence; I haven't even talked to them. They don't know if I went to my interview. They even have no clue about me getting attacked, and I'm not quite sure I'll tell them. I don't think anyone should speak of that again.

"Probably. Hayley and Jen have no clue if I'm alive," I try joking, but last night comes to mind and neither of us laugh. I didn't even think about last night when saying that; another reason why I need to watch what I say before blurting it out.

"Come on, baby, you'd probably get better sleep too over there. Let's go, yeah?" He's wrong about that, but right in a sense that we wouldn't be distracting ourselves from sleep if we were apart. I'm a little surprised Harry doesn't scold me for my joke and slides past it, helping me up from the couch before cleaning the coffee table and taking the trash to the kitchen, something I would have cleaned myself if he hadn't.

I look down and remember I'm just wearing the black t-shirt of his and some of his sweats I wore this morning. He let me change back into them after we fooled around a bit when we got back here after my interview. He was very eager this time.

"I should change.." I laugh, pointing at my way too casual attire.

Harry comes back into the living room and looks me up and down, smiling an evil smile. "But I love the way you look though. Not all preppy and strict, so lazy and adorable. I mean, you are fucking gorgeous in your tight fancy skirt, which you should wear more for me by the way," he licks his bottom lip and I look down in embarrassment, "but in my clothes...there's not even an adjective to describe how sexy you look. It's like you are closer to me somehow. Trust me, I am infatuated with how that skirt, like that leotard, hugs yours hips exquisitely..." Harry keeps going on and on and I throw his shirt at him to keep him quiet, still unable to meet his eyes as he puts it on in a fit of laughter.

I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks, staining them with red. If he hadn't stopped talking we probably would have ended up back at it in his bedroom. I don't know what it is about his compliments. People have told me I look lovely, my mother usually telling me I could look better of course. I am just that person who has a hard time believing compliments, especially when they come frequently. When it comes from Harry, however, he makes me want to believe it for once. Maybe one day I will.

The thought of my mother makes me shudder mentally, but I feel like I should call her..

Harry wriggles his eyebrows when I look back up to him and I can't hold my giggles as I pick up my interview clothes from the arm of the couch and begin to fold them. I seriously didn't expect him to be this goofy at all today, I was expecting him to either grill or fight me over last night, but I'm fine with neither. We are lighter and way more cheery today, and I hope it remains this way for a long time.