Chapter 41

Rachel's POV

I slide out through the door, pulling my bag up on my shoulder when the worst smell hits my nostrils. I look up from the ground and find a group of men at the end of the alleyway, seeing a lighter, and others with clouds smoke floating it's way around them, or liquor bottles in hand. The lighter creates a dim light around them as it waves its flame over the blunt I can only assume, and I see it pressed against one of the four men's mouths.

Maybe if I just sneak back through the door...

I take hold of the doorknob but it won't budge, it's locked. I pull a little harder, if I make a noise maybe if Ms. Wendy is still here she'd hear it. But it's too late, my presence becomes known because its my damn fault.

"Hey!" One of them deeply yells, all of the attention whirling to me. My body jumps at the sound of his rough, raspy voice, and I grasp the doorknob harder, knowing there's nothing I can do.

I hear footsteps crackling on the gravel of the alley heading toward me. As quick as I can, I sneak my phone out of my pocket. If there's the slightest chance I can text Harry quick enough I'm taking it. I go to his contact on my phone, shielding myself by giving my back to the oncoming, stumbling stranger.

I start to type, my hands shaking, and my breathing uneven. I can do this, I just need to tell him help and my location...

Just help and my location.

But I only have time to type help..

"I said hey, you little bitch!" The stranger grasps my shoulders, taking me back to a time where all of this seemed familiar.

I think I hit send, but I don't know. I shove my phone in my jacket pocket so he won't take it. I'm spun to him roughly, his gang members crowded closer around us.

As the clouds in the sky uncover the full moon, I can see this man's face, and it's one I can vaguely remember.

Trent...was it? From the club? I may have been drunk that night, but if I still remembered Harry, there had to be a way to remember him. Pretty sure this was the guy Harry dragged off of me, then told off.

"I know you...you're the skank from the club that had that prick with the hair fucking tackle me!" He seethes, pushing me against the brick wall, not as rough as I have been before, yet something I never wanted to go through again.

I didn't want him to recognize me..

His hot breath is on my neck, its smell of the worst mix, drugs and alcohol. I scrunch my nose, looking away and snapping my eyes shut. There's only two things on my mind:

Where's Harry, and why am I not as afraid as I should be?

It's all too familiar, I think that's why. I should be terrified, screaming, kicking with all my might, but I know this routine, and it's all a little too close to home. I'm not doing anything a normal girl would do, because I know for a fact there's nothing normal about me.

"P-please..."

"Guess what?" He interrupts, "Looks like that prick isn't here to save you now..." he threatens, and my body jumps when I feel his horrible lips latch onto my neck, his foreign, nasty touch. He's holding me strongly, and won't budge as I kick to my ability. Suddenly I feel him bite my collarbone and I scream, my mouth covered immediately by his dirty hands. His appearance now is way different from when he was dressed normally and clean up at the club, making me thankful Harry took him off me in the first place.