Chapter 14

Harry's POV

I had to. I couldn't resist kissing her. As she was lying on top of me, the lights from the ceiling above shined down on her, making her look like an angel. Kissing her didn't feel like I thought it would, it felt even better. Rachel kissed me back, which surprised me, but I could feel how right it was. Her lips so soft, and worked perfectly against mine. The way her tongue felt with mine, it was priceless.

I'm so fucking happy, giddy even, that she actually kissed me back.

As Rachel's hands made it to my hair, I nearly lost it. This time was different, because she actually did play with my hair, not teasing me like last time back in my flat. The feeling was like pure ecstasy, and a moan I had inside me escaped. Fuck, I wanted her right there.

When I mentioned her and I not being able to be 'just friends', her eyes showed how desperate she was for my touch. Rachel may not realize it, but that look explained everything, so I kissed her again before she answered. Words can't describe how it felt to hear her moan my name. A weird, wet feeling appeared on my back and I remembered we were lying on top of ice that was beginning to melt under my back and soaking through my coat because of the undeniable heat between us. Much to my dismay, I had to stop her and I.

Stupid fucking ice.

Now that we're off the ice, I'm a little confused on what to do next. Well, of course I want to just take her to any room here and finish what we started, but I'm not sure that's the best thing to do next. She's being awfully quiet, and it's making me nervous. I wonder what's going through her pretty little mind. I escort her to the bench so we can remove these heavy skates. After I remove mine, I look over to see her struggling.

"May I be of assistance?" I ask, turning to face her.

"Please?" Rachel nearly whispers, keeping her focus on the skate. Her shy side is coming out again I see, and her face is still flushed.

I drop down to my knees and get in front of her. She lifts her left leg up and I tightly grip the shoe and pull.

"Shit, the skates are stubborn as fuck." They won't fucking budge.

"Language?" She teases quietly. There's my sarcastic girl.

"Baby, it's an expression." I tease back and she lets out a small giggle, covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

Rachel is the type of person who definitely wouldn't cuss someone off, and her reaction when I say them is priceless.

Finally, the skate comes off. "Thank the Lord." I sigh before reaching for the other.

The other skate is easier to remove and I wish I would have done that one first. I rush to put her and my pair back, then Rachel and I head for the doors. Before I lock up for the owners, I leave a thank you note on the counter. Rachel nuzzles close to my body as we walk to the car and I put my arm around her waist to hold her closer. I love that she trusts me.

When we settle into the car, I peek at the time, 11:10 p.m.

I didn't think we'd finish this late, but then I remember our little distraction. It takes about an hour to return, and I hope she doesn't mind. Rachel doesn't like being late to things, which seems obnoxious but it's one of the most adorable things about her.

Immediately I head for the road. This silence between us is making me a bit anxious now.

I take my eyes off the road and see her curled up, looking out the window into the dimly lit city. My hand strays from the wheel to raise the temperature. I don't want her to be cold. Her body relaxes as the heat blows from the vent and relief calms me, but I still feel somewhat nervous.