Someone Who's Not Me

*Haven't proofread this yet. Sorry for the grammatical and spelling errors. I really do hope you'd enjoy this chapter anyhow!*

On the very next day, I thought I had easily gotten away from the notion of shopping with the girls when I excused myself with an apparently lame alibi. However, as I was studying for the quiz on Monday, my mother came with a smile playing on her lips and I certainly knew, something was up.

"Dear, your friends, Juliana and Samantha are here down the stairs," she said. "They said that you're going to the mall with them."

I let out a sigh.

Mother had immediately gotten the hint that I didn't want to go; so, she declared, "You're going."

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "Mother . . ."

I was about to say something in addition but I realized that I had never told the girls about my address and their efforts of coming here so I gave up and said, "Alright . . . I'll be there, I just have to change."

Mother nodded and walked out of my room. I changed the clothes I would wear into a simple gray shirt and trousers. Then I put my wallet in one of the pockets of my trousers and my phone in the other. I sauntered my way down the stairs until I noticed their presences on the living room.

"Hi, Adie!" they greeted.

They were both sitting on the couch when they saw me. I smiled as I approached them.

"How did you know my address?" I asked as I sat next to Samantha.

"Well," Juliana began, "we did a little research, that's all."

"Oh," I muttered.

"We can't just leave you behind while Jules and I are having fun, you know," Samantha said.

Juliana nodded in agreement. "Hello? We're your friends and if we have fun, you should also have fun."

I smiled in appreciation. "That's very thoughtful of you two."

Mother came in the living room with an unfeigned smile. "Hi, girls."

"Hi, Mrs. Wright," Juliana and Samantha greeted.

"I'm really glad that you invited Adelaine to go out with you," mother said. "She barely has time to have fun herself; always have her books to entertain her."

Juliana and Samantha looked at mother in utter pity of how pathetic, which was entirely not true, my life was. Then Juliana looked at me and clasped her hands together.

"Adie," Juliana declared, "we will have fun today like the word "fun" has never existed in every dictionaries."

"True," Samantha said in agreement.

I gulped all the anxiousness and muttered with a hint of sarcasm, "Great."

"Well, what are we all waiting for?" Juliana asked rhetorically.

They bade their farewell to my mother and I was trailing from behind as we walked out of the house. Mother waved her hand in farewell and I could feel the torment waiting for me there. They were heading to a black convertible, parked near my neighbor's house. I wondered why they parked there when our house was just right next. 

"Why did you park here?" I asked.

At first, they looked at me then back at each other and next, they began to laugh. I raised my eyebrows in confusion and once they stopped laughing, Juliana looked at me and answered, "We spent an hour searching for your house and the stupid thing is, when we parked here, we thought that your house was there and we actually came knocking on their door –"