Adelaine Vionna Wright! (PART 1)

"He looked at me with an utter remorse visible in his eyes. For the very first time in my life, I saw him cry. However, he seemed to fight them as he courageously said, "Why is it that we cannot have something or someone we love? Why is it that from the moment I started to fall for you, fate does something that sets us apart? Is it because we're . . . we're . . . not meant for each other?""

"Vio . . ."

"I felt as if I was about to -"

"Adelaine Vionna Wright!"

The urgent voice that was calling my name made me jolt from my sleep. My neck seemed to ache a bit since I've surprisingly slept on my desk. I looked up to see my exasperated brother in a tuxedo. I squinted to look at him as I tried to apprehend a logical reason beneath his flabbergasting decision of wearing one.

"The Difference Between Falling In and Out of Love?" He looked at my phone for the title of the audiobook I have been listening (even when I have slept). "The title itself sounds rather mawkish."

"It's quite interesting," I said, yawning.

"Well," he said, "what are you still doing?"

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Sorry, uhm, can you please elaborate your question or at least ask furthermore?"

"Geez, Adelaine Vionna Wright, you've forgotten?" He shook his head incredulously.

"Forgotten something?"

All of a sudden, I felt an utter panic arousing inside of me thus I stood and look for my planner. When I've found it on my bed, I flip the page towards where my bookmark was placed. My heart started to beats fast as I read the words in downright disappointment of myself.

May 17 - Wedding (DON'T FORGET TO REMEMBER IT, ALRIGHT?)
Be there exactly on 8:00 AM with your mother. The reception proper is happening on 1:00 PM

"Aaron!" I yelled his name.

On this very day, I remember, an exchange of two vows and the rings as their keys to unlock their road to forever are going to happen (I looked at my wristwatch for the time, 11:00 AM) in a matter of hours!

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked.

"Why? You're asking me why?" He looked at me with an utter, escalated annoyance. "Well, we have tried, for numerous times, waking you up however, you won't even move!"

"Okay, okay!" I said. "I'm sorry! I - I'll just be right downstairs. I really am sorry."

"Be quick!" He demanded. "Mother has gone there disappointed of you, so you better make it quick before it escalated into another degree!"

"Alright, alright!" I said.

He immediately walked out of the room, leaving me in utter disappointment of myself.

I went to my closet and picked out the dress and the doll shoes mother had bought for me last week. It was a simple light blue dress reaching an inch below my knee as the black doll shoes matched the dress perfectly. Thereupon, I immediately grabbed my undergarments and went to the bathroom to bathe and to wear the clothes I've grabbed. After that, I grabbed my small shoulder bag and ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

The days of the wedding rehearsals were spent well. I felt happy for the couple. It was like no words could ever describe the feeling they felt whenever their eyes met. I could really say that they are meant for each other just from the moment happiness etched on their faces and the smile they wouldn't hesitate to exchange.