I Remember The Boy

I have always been the kind of person who believed that love at first sight was just akin to a figment of one's imagination. That phrase itself was, perhaps, false. I mean, one could possibly be allured by another one's beauty at first sight but love? I'd probably laugh it out loud. Loving someone, especially my family, meant that you accepted his flaws, imperfections, and despite of those, you love him because there was something about him that made your stomach flutter. 

For a moment, I found myself shaking my head in the midst of that rather off-the-wall thought. I tried to read the text of the book I've been reading in preparation for tomorrow's entrance examination. It wasn't that I have this tremendous interest of transferring to another school but it would terribly a shame if I'd go there not prepared. However, there was thing something that hindered me from doing what I have to do, apparently, and I really hated myself for it. 

I remembered the occurrence of earlier's significant event for the Williams and Coulson family. It was that indelible smile from a guy I don't even have a speck of clue who he really was. That moment had finally turned to a memory as my mother called me to announce that the teacher from the school called her and the examination will be held tomorrow. With that, I felt terribly anxious and decided to go home with my brother after a few songs I sung. 

I buried my head on the book. I thought of how exaggerated I was, thinking about the moment that seemed to be ordinary probably for him and the one who witnessed it. However, there was something about it, an odd connection, and it seemed like we were the personae of the song. Honestly, I wondered if he thought or felt the same way too. 

I decided that I was too melodramatic that perhaps a cup of water could minimize such melodrama of mine. I sighed as I walked down the stairs. Mother and father wasn't here yet and it had been hours since we arrived here. After I drank the water, I went upstairs and resumed reviewing. 

* * *

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my body as I looked at him. It was actually quite weird, for me, that even in this awkward situation had I even thought of him as good looking. Suddenly, he stepped forward, making me flinch. I looked at the back if there was someone he may be looking at. But there was none. I looked at him, feeling utterly courageous, and was surprised that he was looking at me, too. A smile was gradually creeping on the corners of his lips as though the moment turned into a slow motion. I offered him a small smile. He was about to utter a word when I felt someone shaking me. There was an arousing annoyance in my head that - 

"Vio . . . ."

- I could not shake. The shaking didn't stop just like my heart didn't stop beating fast as he took another step toward me. 

"Vio . . . ." 

The shaking was so atrociously violent that it made me lose my balance thus, making me fall from the platform. 

"Vio!" 

I jolted up from the desk I have been resting my head at. I saw my brother's exasperated and irksome face and then something hit me tremendously. 

"I was dreaming?" I asked myself, "I thought . . . ."

"That's what I hate about waking you up," was all he has been saying. "You, what? How was that became one of the things I'm concerned right now?"

I looked at my wristwatch for the time, it was 8:34 AM. I felt a bit ache on my neck from sleeping on the desk. 

"You have a few hours to prepare because at one in the afternoon, you'd be going with mother for the exam."