Chapter twenty-two: The Escape... Pt. 2

Sasha's POV

"I didn't think monsters can feel..." Ron sneered, "Or even love, in this matter."

Ron had a pistol aimed at Jeff's forehead; pressing it against the skin. I watched in frozen horror as Ron's finger slowly pressed against the trigger.

"Leave him be..." Slender whispered, "I will... Torture you beyond your... Imagination..."

Quickly, I raised the pistol that I was holding. No... I can't do this... They're living and breathing creatures like us... No... I won't let you do this, Ron! I fire four times. You're a monster! Angry tears rolled down my cheeks. To my dismay, Ron only shouted in pain before crumpling to the floor and holding his leg. Damn it! I should've aimed better! Something white fell down. Jeff had been shot. I had shot Jeff.

"Slendy..." He pleaded weakly, helplessly reaching a hand out.

"Child..." Slender's tentacle wrapped itself around Jeff's hand, "I've failed in protecting you and the others... I'm so sorry..."

If he had eyes, I have no doubt that he would be crying. Ron continued streaming out curses, caressing his leg in pain. Hurriedly, I rushed towards Jeff and Slender. Immediately, I started putting pressure on Jeff's wound.

"Stop..." Jeff coughed up blood, weakly squirming under my hands.

"I need to put pressure, in order to stop the bleeding," I snapped at him.

Hearing movement behind me, I glanced back at Ron; to my surprise, he was reaching for his pistol. His blue eyes held a dangerous, almost wild, look to them. That's when a terrifying thought hit me. Ron has lost it! He's snapped!

"No!" Slendy boomed as Ron aimed the gun at us.

Tears started blurring my vision.

"Traitor!" Ron got on his knees, aiming the pistol in my direction. "I'll kill you!"

In a flash of black, Ron was slammed to the ground by a large, lashing tentacle. My heart beat increased its speed as Ron's scream of pain bounced off the walls.

"I've had enough of this!" Slendy's voice boomed strongly.

It was as if he had found a new strength. Quickly, I turned back to, a nearly passed out, Jeff. His eyes were growing distant. Shit! Shit! Shit! I thought, watching his body convulse weakly. I put more pressure on his wound, earning a faint grunt.

"Slendy, we're losing him!" My voice quivered with the oncoming tears, "We need to go!"

As soon as I finished my sentence, Slender Man was on his feet; heavily leaning against the wall. Glancing back at Ron, I stiffened up. Ron was gone. Only a puddle of his blood remained. Shit, he's on the loose!

"Sasha, we must not waste time!" Slender growled. "Help me. Clear the hallways."

I looked over at him. His once, nice and fancy, suite was now ripped and stained in a black substance. He was cradling Jeff close to his body; like a worried father would do with his young toddler. I had a choice here. Am I going to help the Pastas? Endanger my life for their safety? I bit my lip. Am I going to refuse to help? Being a coward for the rest of my life?

"Okay," I nodded, getting to my feet.

I had made my final decision. I am going to help you guys... You deserve more than this! Quickly, I hurried to the doorway; now, fully aware of the gun that was in my hand. My blue eyes flickered from left to right once my head was out of the doorway. Clear.

"Safe?" Slendy questioned.

"Safe," I answered, taking a sharp left.

Glancing back to make sure he was following, I found him having his tentacles walk him; like a spider. Jeff was still safely cradled in his harms, unconscious. My attention was averted back to the front of my body. A couple of feet away, stood a door with an 'Exit' sign blinking in red. I glanced back again before darting for the door. Holding it open for Slendy, my free hand dug in my coat pocket for my car keys.

"Halt!" A voice demanded.

My blood went ice cold. Grabbing Slendy's arm, I yanked him through the doorway; slamming the door afterwards. I grabbed a stick, jamming the knob with it. This would buy us some time.

"Hurry, my car is just over there!" I pointed, taking my car keys out and unlocking my car.

We rushed towards my red Honda. I watched in horror as Slendy ripped my license plate off of the back of my car.

"So they don't track us," He stated, climbing into the back seat while still cradling Jeff.

Shit... I'm risking my life here... Will we make it?

Ron's POV

I watched Sasha and that monster drive off. Heh... I always knew she was the soft type... My jaw clenched tightly. Not to worry, Sasha... You'll die with them. I'll make you all perish! My hands were shaking. I will kill them all! All of them! They ruined my life. It was true. Jeff the Killer ruined my life. I was his only survivor.

[Flashback] Thirty-Four Years Ago...

My eyes snapped open due to a squeaking of my wood floors. I sat up, rubbing my sleepy eyes. A smile tugged on my lips. It's probably, Spot! Spot was my Dalmatian. We got him a year ago, for my tenth birthday. I'm still ten. Just two more months until my next birthday! I thought excitedly.

"Spot, come here boy!" I called out in the darkness, expecting my dog to join me in my slumber.

No answer. No Spot. Confused by a quick, slight movement in the corner of my room, I squinted my eyes; trying to get a better look at the figure. Suddenly, that same figure started approaching me slowly. My heart stopped. My blood went icy cold. There in the middle of my room stood a boy. I couldn't tell his age. His face was disoriented. His face was as pale as a white sheet. A long, horrendous smile was carved into his cheeks; blood drizzled from the wound. His eyes were blood shot. Oh, God... His pupils weren't Human. They were dangerously slit, like a cat's would be. Black singe surrounded his eyes. He wore a white hood, stained in a red substance. He wore black jeans.

"Go. To. Sleep!" He hissed, taking a large knife from his white hood.

On impulse, a scream ripped out from my throat; echoing around my dark room. Instantly, he lunged himself at my small form. We wrestled on my bed for dominance. He won.

"Help!" I cried out, grabbing his hand that held the knife.

He sat on my stomach, trying to plunge the knife into my heart. Just then, my door blasted open, revealing my father and his shotgun. The boy on top of me sat up straight, throwing his knife at my father in lightning speed.

"Ah!" He dropped the gun, holding his shoulder in pain.

Tears of fear rolled down my cheeks. The kitchen knife had landed in my father's shoulder. Finally getting enough strength, I shoved the older boy off of me. He stumbled down, only to shoot back to his feet.

"No!" I screeched in horror as the teen dived at my father.

To my relief, he only shoved my father to the side; dashing out of my room. Seconds later, a loud shattering sound could be heard. I followed my father into the hallway. The hallway window was broken. He jumped through the window... I thought, hearing sirens in the distance. Way out, I could see the boy running. My father fired a couple of rounds.

"W-Who was that...?" I sniffled, wiping my tears away.

"Don't know," My father replied, "I doubt he'll be 'coming 'round here again."

I only nodded, feeling my body suddenly shaking.

T-That smile... Those eyes... I'll never sleep again...

If you don't understand who Ron is, just PM us. *Smirks* We'll be glad to explain. -Taz