Chapter 11- Troubles

Bailey slammed the door shut when she  got home from school, her good mood from lunch ruined by the sight of her mother's car in the driveway. Kylie Winters was never home this often and Bailey was confused as to why she was suddenly deciding to stay home. Work was the only thing that was important to her mother. She was never not working, even when she was home. She was never off her phone,usually talking to her boss or a colleague. If she wasn't on a business trip, she was in at her office, or at a meeting with her boss. 

Bailey stormed upstairs into her room, slamming the door behind her again. Why was her mother not at work? She had gotten used to coming home to an empty house, with no one around to annoy her, and some peace and quiet to let her anger out without anyone being around to see it. Couldn't her mother go on another business trip to Japan or America, so she was away for ages?

"BAILEY STOP SLAMMING DOORS!" Kylie screamed upstairs.

"DON'T  YOU HAVE A BUSINESS TRIP TO GO ON," Bailey screamed back, opening her bedroom door so her mother would hear her."YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE!"

"THIS IS MY HOUSE! YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

"WHY? YOU ARE NEVER ACTUALLY HERE!"

"I AM NOW!"

"WHY?"

"SO I CAN LOOK AFTER YOU! YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER," Kylie yelled, taking Bailey by surprise. Instead of being happy about her mother's explanation, Bailey's blood boiled and she became consumed by anger.

"OH YOU NOTICED! IT ONLY TOOK YOU 17 YEARS!" She screamed back, slamming her fists into the wall beside her in frustration.

"BAILEY! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU."

"I DON'T NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE'S HELP,I AM PERFECTLY FINE ON MY OWN! I HAVE BEEN FINE ON MY OWN FOR YEARS! YOU CAN'T SUDDENLY DECIDE YOU CARE AFTER YEARS OF NEGLECT!"

"BAILEY THE NEIGHBOURS WILL HEAR YOU!

"GOOD! THEN MAYBE YOU'LL STOP PRETENDING TO BE A GOOD PARENT!" Bailey yelled, "I DON'T WANT YOU NEAR ME!"

"WHY ARE YOU STILL LIVING HERE THEN?" Kylie yelled back, tears welling up in her eyes.

"TRUST ME IF I HAD ANYWHERE ELSE TO GO I WOULDN'T BE!" Bailey slammed her door closed again, shutting off any reply her mother might have given, and threw herself down on her bed. How could her mother think, that after years of neglect, Bailey would let her help her like she hadn't been the one who caused the hurt in the first place. Why did her mother suddenly want to help her when just last week she couldn't care less?

She buried her face in her pillow, trying to stop herself from crying. She refused to cry, she couldn't let her mother get to her like that. Her mother doesn't care about her, so why should she care what her mother thought? Kylie didn't have, or deserve the right to hurt Bailey. She didn't deserve the ability to make Bailey cry. As a mother, she should not be able to make her daughter so upset without caring. But Bailey knew her mother was downstairs in the living room, probably drinking a glass of Vodka and Coke and watching endless reruns of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, not even considering that her daughter was close to tears in her room. They were the only things she knew about her mother, her favourite drink and her favourite TV show. Bailey doubted her mother knew that about her.

It was times like this that Bailey wished that her Dad was still alive. He would have been on her side, from what she could remember about him. He would probably have been sitting next to her, telling her that it was okay. But if her Dad was still alive, then nothing that she had experienced in the past  would have happened to her. Her mother wouldn't have dated Darryl, Darryl wouldn't have abused her, Dylan wouldn't have tried to rape her, she would have no reason to be angry at the world. She probably wouldn't have had that argument with her mother and maybe she would be able to laugh and joke all the time instead of for a couple of minutes with Calum to take her mind off things.

Bailey couldn't help it anymore, and let the tears stream down her face. She wanted to have someone who cared about her, but at the same time didn't want to get attached in case they ended up hurting her like everyone else. She wanted to be happy, but had no reason to be. She wanted her mother to finally notice she had a daughter and that meant she had to look after her, but at the same time it was too late for her to ever make up with her mother after all the hurt her mother caused. Bailey was stuck in the middle, not knowing what to feel about anything. She didn't know whether she was over the abuse or not, she didn't know if she wanted to get better or not. One thing she did know was that there was an open bottle of vodka downstairs in the kitchen and that was exactly what she needed.
----------------------------------------------

"You know what Bailey?" she slurred at her reflection in the mirror. "Tattoos is kinda hot."

"What the fuck?" She slurred back, frowning. "No he isn't."

"He is though. Have you even looked at his biceps?"

"Bailey you are drunk," she muttered to herself, putting down the bottle. "You've had enough of that."

"I'm not drunk, I am just a bit tipsy. You just don't want to admit that you think that Calum is hot."

"No, I don't. You need to sleep, let's get you to bed." She pushed herself up off the floor, dragging her feet behind her. She sat down on her bed and lay back, wrapping her duvet around her like a cocoon. Her eyelids began to droop as soon she placed her head on her pillow

"Tattoos is still hot though," she yawned, before exhaustion took over and she drifted into a dreamless sleep.
----------------------------------------------

Kylie Winters placed her glass down on the table,after the episode finished and sighed. Of course Bailey didn't cooperate with her. She had been stupid to think that she would, especially after everything she had put Bailey through. She just needed to seem like she got along with her daughter for when she had guests over in two weeks time.

She couldn't afford to have her guest know about her terrible parenting abilities, it would result in disaster. All she needed to do was either get Bailey out of the house, or cooperate and act like the perfect daughter for at least one night. The latter seemed impossible and the first option was almost as difficult, though there was one place she could put her, but she didn't want Bailey to have anymore contact with her sister Jac. She was a bad influence on her.

She exhaled loudly and pushed herself of the sofa. She would figure out what to do in the morning, right now she was too tired to worry about her troublesome daughter ruining her chances. She stumbled upstairs and collapsed on her bed, fast asleep before she could even get under the duvet, unaware that her teenaged daughter was next door in a worse condition than her.