Chapter 9- Incident

Bailey stormed into her registration class and threw herself down in the chair next to Calum, scowling at the wall. Her mother had been home when she returned the night before, and was still there when she got left that morning. Although neither had said a word to each other, Kylie's presence was enough to put Bailey in a bad mood. A few weeks ago, she would have been happy to have her mother around her for once, but after all the arguments and what her mother had said to her the night before, Bailey and decided she preferred to be alone.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked, not looking up from his desk.

"I'm fine." Bailey snapped, crossing her arms over her chest angrily.

"You don't seem okay..."

"Why do you care? We are not friends." She said, glaring at Calum.

"That doesn't mean I don't care." Calum replied, avoiding eye contact with her. Bailey looked away from him, hiding behind her hair, which had fallen across her face like a curtain.

"Well just stop caring," she muttered. "Nobody else does."

"Someone has to."

"I said don't. I don't want you to care about me! I don't want pity and I don't want you to keep asking me questions all the time! Just leave. Me. Alone." She shouted, pushing her chair back as she got to her feet.

"Bailey..." Calum said but she had already left, slamming the door behind her. Everyone stared at between Calum and the door for a couple of seconds before returning to their own conversations, completely disinterested in the argument they had just witnessed. Calum sighed, leaning back in his chair. What was her problem? All she ever did was push him away, and all he had done was be nice to her. Nobody else had even attempted to make friends with the girl, mainly due to the fact she made it very clear within the first few hours of being in the school that she didn't want any.Everybody needs at least one friend, right?
----------------------------------------------
Bailey wandered through the empty corridors, staring at the blank walls and pristine floors. If it wasn't for the lockers and notice boards around the school, she would have thought she was in a mental hospital.

She wouldn't be surprised if she was, she wouldn't put it past her mother to do something like that. Bailey thought she was going to a year ago when she had first found Bailey drunk, lying across the sofa in their old house, rambling about how shit her life was. She hadn't meant half of the things she had said, because she had been drunk and details had become muddled.

Bailey had no idea where she was going, but she knew she had to be out of the corridors soon, before the school flooded into the corridors heading for their next class. She couldn't leave and go home, because for once in her life, her mother had taken a day off work. She turned left round the corner and walked straight into someone.

"Watch where you're going." She growled, glaring at the 6ft boy in front of her.

"You walk into me princess," he smirked, running his hand through his hair. "I haven't seen you around before, I would have remembered a pretty face like yours."

"I've been here for almost two weeks."

"Oh, so you're the new girl everyone is talking about," he grinned, looking her up and down. Bailey shifted uncomfortably, and tried to push past, but he was blocking the way.

"Can you move?" She said through gritted teeth.

"Feisty, I like it." Bailey froze. The boy was towering over her. She focused on her feet, not daring to look him in the eye.

"Don't go all shy on me now princess."

"Don't.Call me. Princess." She mumbled angrily at the floor, finding it almost impossible to get the word out.

"Why, does it turn you on or something?You look like a girl with a kink like that." Baileys jaw locked and she looked up at him, tears forming in her eyes, which she covered with anger as she swung for him, hitting him square in the jaw. He stumbled backwards, gripping his jaw. Bailey ran past him, tears rolling down her cheeks.

She ran out of the building and through the grounds until she reached the oak tree where she has sat on the first day. She collapsed onto the bench and sobbed, burying her face in her hands. She fought hard against the memories that circled through her mind, but she was too weak and they over took her. 

She had forgotten to lock her bedroom door that night. She still hated herself for it. If she had only remembered to lock the door, she might have been okay. But she hadn't. And her stepbrother Dylan had sneaked in, closing the door gently so he wouldn't wake up his father. Bailey had pressed herself against the wall, shaking in fear. She had tried to fight him but he was too strong.

"I like your new piercing Bailey." Bailey could hear his voice clearly in her head, as if he was right next to her at that moment. "Lip rings have always been a favourite of mine."

Bailey screwed her eyes shut, trying to block the rest of the memory. She didn't want to relive it. Once was bad enough. But his voice cut through her mental barriers with ease.

"This isn't illegal Bailey. You're 16, I'm 18. We are both legal, and we aren't blood related." Bailey shivered just thinking about the words he had said that night. Bailey had tried to push him off but he grabbed her wrists and pulled them above her head so she couldn't move.

She could still feel his hands trailing up and down her body. She could still hear him whispering vile words in her ear. She could still smell his body odour. Tears continued to roll down her cheeks as she gave up her fight against the memory and placed her head down on the table in front of her.

"Get off me." She had yelled, wrenching her wrists out of his grasp before kneeing him in the balls. He doubled over and Bailey ran out of the room and locked herself in the bathroom, holding her mobile in her hands. She had grabbed it whilst leaving the room. She phoned the one person she knew would listen.

"Auntie Jac, he tr-tried to rape me."

After that everything had been a blur. Her aunt came over and made sure that Dylan stayed away from Bailey, before contacting the police and telling them everything she knew. Bailey was questioned and Dylan was arrested for sexual assault. In court he was sentenced to 5 years in prison.

Bailey let out a deep breath and sat up, tracing her finger over the spot where her lip ring had once been. She had taken it out immediately after the incident and had thrown it away, in attempt to forget the events. She sighed and placed her head in her hands once more. This was all her mother's fault, and Bailey could never forgive her.